Thread: shock collar.

Default shock collar.

Need a new one, my last one was five years old and finally gave out on me. I don't really need anything to fancy, just one dog, no more than a mile distance (that's actually probably too much) and something reliable. Any suggestions? Any thing that wont break the bank?
    Thanks

Tri-tronics Sport series.
    Professor
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

UH HR GCH CH Carolina's Wild March Hare MH JHR RAE OA OAJ AF WDS CGC TDI (Bunny)
    UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) HRC 1500 Point Club (RIP)
    BISS HR GCH Carolina's Running With the Hare JHR SH WDX CGC TDI (Blew)
    HRCH GCH CH Carolina's Tale of the Hare SH MHR WDX (Bea)
    Carolina's Three Duck Limit (Rio)

Tri Tronics or DT Systems. Gun Dog Supply has all of them.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I've had several over the years. Right now I use Dogtra. Tritronics is a good brand too.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Professor
    X2. I've had mine for about four years now. Only had one problem and Tri-Tronics was johnny on the spot to fix it. I even bought an extra reciever to make sure I always had one charged... but something happened to it. You shouldn't have a problem with keeping it charged though.
    HRCH Lemon's Lady Chesney MH
    SHR Lemon's Pinch Of Long Cut aka Hagen
    "Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative." -Mordecai Siegal
    "If forced to choose between romantic love and my dog, I'd sure choose my dog." -Solange

Thanks guys. Will be looking on gun dog supply later this afternoon to pick one up.

Professor

This.

PS - dont let anybody "borrow" it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Don't know where your at, but you can find them at Sportsmans Warehouse. Might save a few dollars on shipping. Also check the price at BassPro and Cabelas. Mackspw.com, gundogsupply.com, gundogsonline.com, lcsupply.com and collarclinic.com are a couple more places you could check.
    "Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative." -Mordecai Siegal
    "If forced to choose between romantic love and my dog, I'd sure choose my dog." -Solange

Yea Bird Boy, like Feetdown said don't let anyone "borrow" it. You just never know about people these days...........

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    This.

PS - dont let anybody "borrow" it
    Roger that! I let my step father borrow my last one and it died about a month after it was returned. Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Roger that! I let my step father borrow my last one and it died about a month after it was returned. Hmmm...
    Thats exactly what I was referring to. I let a friend borrow mine and it came back with the tab that holds the lanyard broke off of it.

You cant have nothin......
    Last edited by FEETDOWN; 04-19-2011 at 12:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Save your money. Load some #8's with rock salt. Poor man's shock collar.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Shoot me a pm. I have a tritronics that's brand new. Ill let it got for a good deal. Its in irmo at my house
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

I'm gonna hafta add "GaPrincess" to the list of "not so well thought out user names"....

Professor
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by GaPrincess View Post
    Yea Bird Boy, like Feetdown said don't let anyone "borrow" it. You just never know about people these days...........
    True That!!!!!!!! And for what its worth, congrats on your placement at the BSS Nationals! Herd there was some tough competition there. A lot of young talent up and coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Tri Tronics or DT Systems.
    DT Systems is JUNK!!! Stick with TT just like everyone has recommended. You won't be sorry.
    Professor
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

UH HR GCH CH Carolina's Wild March Hare MH JHR RAE OA OAJ AF WDS CGC TDI (Bunny)
    UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) HRC 1500 Point Club (RIP)
    BISS HR GCH Carolina's Running With the Hare JHR SH WDX CGC TDI (Blew)
    HRCH GCH CH Carolina's Tale of the Hare SH MHR WDX (Bea)
    Carolina's Three Duck Limit (Rio)