Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waterfowl Committee News Article

tradorion Coots

DT-
    You are now my Personal Number One Hero... call em like you see em boy!!!!

T

Swamp Rat - I was just getting at the fact that people always hollar no money when things are not getting done when like you said it isn't all about money.
    I always thought a website was a selling tool, not a product repair manual!

T-Dog, you are hitting close to the mark. I'm not sure that Bob Joyner was actually having his buddies out there to shoot ducks, but the place sure has been his private playground for the past 20 years. I'm convinced that 90% of South Island's problems are directly related to the secrecy and resentment of public influence that infects the place. I think they'd rather not have any ducks than think that a public hunter might get a stray shot out over the bay.

Okey doke.

Seeing any ducks in the woods?
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

GMAC, give us a few real examples instead of assasinating someones character on a public forum.

T-dog, go back to your released ducks and leave the wild duck managment to those who have a clue.

Bob... Bob... Is that really you...???

Bwaaaa...
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

wow. duckdude is not a nice man.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

During an an August interview with the DNR Exec. Director I asked him directly if money was a factor in the apparent management lapses discovered on some of the coastal impoundments. He responded that money was not an issue there, that there was adequate funding for the proper management of ther WMAs. The breakdown on WMA project expenditures for fiscal year 2003 are as follows: The 23,499 Acre Santee Coastal reserve is $394, 534; the 20,221 total acre Bear Island/Donnelly WMA is $319,652; the 3309 acre Samworth/Santee Delta WMA is $310,146; the 20,000 acre Yawkey (South Island) Center is $814,473, which includes contributions from the Yawkey Foundation. There are four biologists and ten technicians that manage these areas. Funding sources for these expenditures come from Federal Pittman-Robinson funds, license revenues, duck stamps and WMA funds. It is a fact beyond dispute that lapses in standard management practices were discovered by the waterfowl oversight committee to the extent that any reasonable person would condider the extent of it to be an absolute scandal. The good news is that measures are now underway to correct the effects of those lapses and to implement DNR staff controls and oversight to insure that all WMAs are managed consistently and properly in the future.

It looks like Ben Moise still has an axe to grind with Frampton. Ragsdale and Moise- what a pair.

Bob... Bob; is that you again???
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Skin it back and let the gnats get on it.

Don't hold back boys,.....maybe Nab will really learn something this time.

It may be that the somewhat abrasive qualitiy of the truth makes for a sharp axe, however, in this case there is no axe to grind. As I have stated before, this writer has a great deal of respect and admiration for the many accomplishments of the Ex. Dir. of DNR. Unlike some in this forum, I do not reflexively attach sinister or personal motives to the explication of just criticism. The whole idea here seems to be to identify the problem (mismanagement of the WMAs,a task that was ordered by the Advisory Committee, and to deal with it effectively. After all, DNR staff are charged with managing the recources of the State of South Carolina and any failure to do so should be brought to light and corrected.

Well, duckdude, How did I call anyone's character into question? In fact, I specifically said I had no reason to think Mr. Joyner was shooting ducks at SI.
    However, try to catch a shrimp in the impoundments and see how quickly you'll get arrested. But someone has casting platforms built on the trunk docks. The woods are full of nice tower stands. I've never been asked to hunt. How about you?