Thread: Bermuda

Just wondering if anyone have been to Bermuda? Thinking of going in October to "Grotto Bay Resort", Any comments.

Thanks
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

Quake Kills used to be a fireman, cop, sniper when he lived over there trying to stop the drug trade and muslim infidels from making to the U.S. shore. You might have to contact him in Missouri, oh no I forget he never made it there.

ft,
    Went there in the summer of '02 and stayed at Grotto Bay for our honeymoon. It's a nice place, and one of the only 2 or 3 on the island that has an all-inclusive option, but it's on an inland bay not the ocean and you have a nice view of airport across the bay (which the resort and travel agent both failed to tell us). But it's very relaxed and food is great. If we did it again we decided we would spend a little more and go to one of the places on the south beach road, Pink Beach Club and The Reefs are two really nice places I recall. You can look into some of those places, most have at least partial meal plans and all of the places have great food. We decided if we ever go back we will do one of these b/c it gives you the ability to have lunches or dinners out at other places allowing you to see more of the island and not feel compelled to eat each meal at the same place since you payed for them already.

Bermuda is an incredible place. The people are great, it is very clean and it's easy to get around. Rent a scooter and you can come and go as you please. Most of the fun for us was riding all over the island on the scooter visiting different resorts for drinks and seeing local attractions. The 2 cities, Hamilton and St. George, both have lots of shopping and restaraunts and pretty good nite life. Be careful on the scooters, the locals drive like madmen and on the "wrong" side of the road! hehe

If you end up going, let me know when the trip gets closer and I'll give you names of some specific places we went and liked. I would go back in a heartbeat, we are actually talking about it in '07 for 5-yr. anniversary.

Hope this helps.
    SCMallard

Be sure to go fishing while you are there. I hope that I can make it there one day and try for a grander.

fishbermuda.com

I hope you can say MARLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good to talk, see you out there!

Thanks SCMallard... Going on my Honeymoon also...
    Do you know anything about Elbow Beach Resort? Heard different stories about it..... The "Wife to be" wants to do some offshore fishing while there. She usally gets sick here when she loses site of land, so she wants to try it there since you are in some pretty deep water right off the beach.
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

If you do decide to go, let me know. I have something I need to drop off over there.

take plenty of money a pizza will cost you 35.00$....a 1 bedroom apartment cost 1300.00 per month !
    student and child prodigy of the "Professor's" duckology!

Went about nine years ago, but it was beautiful. There is some great Scuba diving. Went fishing and caught some snapper. We stayed at the marriott and it is very nice. If you have not ridden a moped get used to it, or a taxi. That is about the only transportation for tourist. It is deffinitly worth the trip. I think it was about a two-hour plane ride from atlanta. Just take plenty of spending money it can get expensive.
    Originally posted by scfisherman143: "we mostly have woodies and teal but today we had workable big ducks allot of them ringnecks buffleheads redheads teal woodies it was amazing\"<br /><br />Another brilliant future duck hunter in the making

Thanks Trail... I'm looking foward to the trip The travel agent also said something about swimming in caves, Anyone know anything about this?

~Chief Seattle ~

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

SC MALLARD gave a better review than a john brown travel agency ....good job, SCMILLURD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?