Thread: Building Permit

Default Building Permit

Read a bumper sticker a while back that said " make welfare as hard to get as a building permit". Spent 4 hours Thursday and Friday trying to get a building permit to build a small hunting cabin on my land, can't believe the attitude of the people working in the courthouse- Just pisses me off to think my tax dollars are paying them to give me a bunch of crap! Had to go to 4 different offices and drag the wife up their the next day, also. Then to see the report today of Fox news how some similiar jobs in government are paying 2 times the private sector. Just can't understand it!

Through venting, carry on! Did finally get the permit.

Just wait till you try to get an inspection...

Building Permit? WTH is that

Permits? We dont need no stinking permits...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

only time a permit is needed is when youre building in the front yard.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

The Founding Fathers are probably spinning in their graves. What a man does on his private property should not be any government's business, as long as it doesn't interfere with the rights of another man, and surely shouldn't be taxed. And that's all building permits are, a form of taxation and a way to tax more in the future.

Private property right were one of the cornerstones of this country in the minds of the Founders. It was more important to them than most people today realize. Property or the pursuit thereof was even in the original penning of the Declaration of Independence by George Mason and was signed by the Convention of Delegates on June 12, 1776.

It read:
    That all men are by nature equally free and independent, and have certain inherent rights, of which, when they enter into a state of society, they cannot, by any compact, deprive or divest their posterity; namely, the enjoyment of life and liberty, with the means of acquiring and possessing property, and pursuing and obtaining happiness and safety.
    But due to some controversy over slavery Jefferson changed it to what we are familiar with now which was signed by the Second Continental Congress July 4, 1776.

It Reads:
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 08-15-2010 at 11:39 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I built my house 24 years ago and the only thing that had to be inspected was the septic tank, not sure why they wanted to look at that, but they did and they said it should hold all I could put in it. I have tried to overload, but I think it works beyond expectations.

Now, if I give a price on a job, especially in Richland Co. you can bet that the hidden charge for dealing with perimits and inspections runs from $800 - $1200 because of the time required to deal with the democrats and beaurocrats that work there...
    2 Corinthians 10:12 NKJV For we dare not class ourselves or compare ourselves with those who commend themselves. But they, measureing themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.