Thread: Birds?

Default Birds?

I live in James Island and am doing my offseason training and need to find some live, well fresh birds to use for training and I have no idea where to look. I have tried all the farm outlets and etc... I could really use some ducks like used at the training day's for clubs and also if I could get my hands on some live quail or something to work on pointing for my ugly dog that would be great? Hope someone can help, thanks

Quail are unusually hard to find right now. You can probably go to the hunt test at Cherokee Foothills this Sunday and get a bunch of ducks that were used that day in the hunt test. Many will be in pretty good shape.
    Professor
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

UH HR GCH CH Carolina's Wild March Hare MH JHR RAE OA OAJ AF WDS CGC TDI (Bunny)
    UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) HRC 1500 Point Club (RIP)
    BISS HR GCH Carolina's Running With the Hare JHR SH WDX CGC TDI (Blew)
    HRCH GCH CH Carolina's Tale of the Hare SH MHR WDX (Bea)
    Carolina's Three Duck Limit (Rio)

Thanks, that may be a bit far for me though. Where do people get these ducks to begin with for the club trials and whatnot?

you can buy mallard ducks in the market bulletin or at nearly any flea market in the state.

This may be my first documented post in the retriever forum.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

[QUOTE=BOG;565742

This may be my first documented post in the retriever forum.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the Retriever Forum.
    Professor
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

UH HR GCH CH Carolina's Wild March Hare MH JHR RAE OA OAJ AF WDS CGC TDI (Bunny)
    UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) HRC 1500 Point Club (RIP)
    BISS HR GCH Carolina's Running With the Hare JHR SH WDX CGC TDI (Blew)
    HRCH GCH CH Carolina's Tale of the Hare SH MHR WDX (Bea)
    Carolina's Three Duck Limit (Rio)

it depends on where you live. if you live close to rembert then i can tell you where to get some birds. that is where i got mine for my dog last year. pm me if you want the address or the number.

ducks not quail by the way.