Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AP Poll #25

I dont think USC is that good yet, they need to play a complete game against Kentucky.

Yeah - otherwise, Kentucky will show them their ass.

We beat Kentucky and Vandy, we are bowl eligible. Eligible only. Doesn't mean we will go.

And Vandy has beat our ass the last two years.

Carrolina has a tough road to go.

I AM, however, taking a "moral victory" from how my Citadel Bulldogs held App State close, and only lost in overtime. NOW, if we can just beat Wofford at Homecoming....
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

auburn is turning out to be the suprise of the year

SR, went to Wofford Homecoming and we didnt look special at all. This will be the best chance El Cid has had in a while to beat the Terriers. We have a young team that has been ridden with the Swine. We lost to a not so special GSU at Homecoming.

Now for USC, even though rankings are usually the kiss of death for the Gamecocks, I think that #25 isnt all that bad. I believe we are a hell of a lot better than the ranking, so it gives us a little reason to show the pollster's otherwise. We have spun the wheels offensively, but we have also made progress. We finally need to have it all click. No penalties, good O-Line play, reciever's catching balls, Garcia healthy, etc..

The real reason for our offense to start clicking is because this is the time of the year the Gamecocks defense traditionally starts to get worn down for a lack of a better word. Even though they havent had to play an extreme amount in the beginning of the season as in years past, with our next 6 games being against SEC opponents, we will need them rested and healthy every week. We need the offense to get going and put an entire game together. We play at the most, 3 good quarters and then get into that rut of years past.

Overall, the gamecocks will beat UK, barely slide by Vandy and Ark, lose to Bama, and have a close one with UF and UT. I think we will get 2 wins at the least against the orange crush... Florida just hasnt impressed me like they have in years past.

Quote Originally Posted by UpSouth811 View Post
    auburn is turning out to be the suprise of the year
    Where the fuck have you been?

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    I wish we could play both freakin' halves.... that's all.
    If it was up to me only the 3rd quarters would count in games. The other 3 quarters would be scrimmage quarters and scoring in them wouldn't count.

Carolina has been playing ball in the 3rd quarter. Before the SC State game we had outscored our opponents something like 58 to 7 in the 3rd quarter.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."