Thread: Non-Resident Licenses?

Default Non-Resident Licenses?

I live in NC. I've been looking for a place to hunt hogs/deer in the Marlboro County of SC. Don't have hogs up here much, and in SC you can hunt on Sundays. Should extend the season a bunch....

So, checked out the resident licenses and an annual combination hunting, fishing and big game license costs $25.
    The same annual non-resident hunting, fishing and big game license costs $260.

Did we NC guys do something to piss you SC guys off???
    Last edited by Clark; 07-25-2009 at 07:06 PM.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

According to this website

After adding it all up NC's would cost us $240 with the game lands permit annually. Not much difference.

http://www.ncwildlife.org/pg01_licen...t.htm#resident
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Btw, y'all did do something to piss us off. Y'all built Charlotte too close to the state line. We asked kindly that y'all build it further instate but y'all wouldn't. So now we got a dump almost in our backyard and we get that God-awful stench when the wind is right. We were nice enough to build that stinking Charleston on the coast far away from y'all.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

that's SOP for most states

I don't remember exactly how much it was, but I think i dropped 'bout 400+ bones to hunt Wyo last year for 2 species.

They is hogs in the nc mountains, go there
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    RY-you are a killer. plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Rebel Yell has killed more shit than small pox!
    Stripa Swipa > Ron Jeremy

If'n you SC guys have youngin's are between 1 and 11 years old, a lifetime NC license is only $350; $200 for a yearling. It includes warm and cold freshwater fish, small game, big game (not bear or boar), state duck stamp and WMA privledges. It's a bargin.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I see the NC non-resident license rates are pretty cheap - except for SC and a couple of other states. Looks like NC and SC just decided to screw with each other?

Mergie, the SC WMA permit is another $76. Sorry about Charlotte....

Rebel, NC mountains are farther than Marlboro County, you got more hogs and SC can hunt on Sunday. Much better place for me... BTW - just got my elk permit for WY, costs lots more to hunt out there....

Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    I live in NC. I've been looking for a place to hunt hogs/deer in the Marlboro County of SC. Don't have hogs up here much, and in SC you can hunt on Sundays. Should extend the season a bunch....

So, checked out the resident licenses and an annual combination hunting, fishing and big game license costs $25.
    The same annual non-resident hunting, fishing and big game license costs $260.

Did we NC guys do something to piss you SC guys off???
    Oh boy......please don't go there.....you may have created "another" shitstorm for the poor N.C. folks.

From what I hear N.C. bbq sucks!!!

It does suck...but it be what it be. I never should have moved. Proven fact that Vjayjay rules the world.
    "The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination." ---Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    Rebel, NC mountains are farther than Marlboro County, you got more hogs and SC can hunt on Sunday. Much better place for me...
    sounds like you gettin a bargain then
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    RY-you are a killer. plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Rebel Yell has killed more shit than small pox!
    Stripa Swipa > Ron Jeremy

It is screwed up when I can buy a GA out of state big game 3 day license for $85.00 and it costs me 150 or more in S.C.

That was about 4 or 5 years ago. Don't know what it is now.
    "The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination." ---Voltaire

Why are we complaining? Those license let you hunt anything you want all year long. A man can easily spend that much in one night taking a girl out. Especially if he takes her to a nice restaurant.

And at the end of the night he may or may not get a shot of leg after all that investment.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 07-25-2009 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by knuckledraggineantherhal View Post
    It is screwed up when I can buy a GA out of state big game 3 day license for $85.00 and it costs me 150 or more in S.C.

That was about 4 or 5 years ago. Don't know what it is now.
    It's $90 now and you still have to have a Non-Res hunting license to go with it.

A buddy of mine (NC Resident) just put down another buddy's SC addy and got his license for SC. Just made out like he lived at the SC residence.

Granted this was several years ago and I don't know if he still does it or anything else about the matter.

I had thought about doing that in NC to hunt with a few of my college buddies but I never did.

Quote Originally Posted by SCLAND&TIMBER View Post
    A buddy of mine (NC Resident) just put down another buddy's SC addy and got his license for SC. Just made out like he lived at the SC residence.

Granted this was several years ago and I don't know if he still does it or anything else about the matter.

I had thought about doing that in NC to hunt with a few of my college buddies but I never did.
    Poacher.

I own land in S.C.

It's the only place I hunt. I need to change my residence to that property and buy a lifetime license.

All out of state licenses are going to be higher than your resident state charges. NC does charge SC residents more than other states.
    He would have been nice next year.

Quote Originally Posted by choco-lab View Post
    All out of state licenses are going to be higher than your resident state charges. NC does charge SC residents more than other states.
    SC has always charged a lot for OOS hunting licenses. I think it's because our Lowcountry deer seasons are so long that it attracts a lot of FL, GA and NC hunters. About 5 years ago, NC asked SC to lower OOS prices to NC hunters but SC refused so NC increased its license fees to SC hunters. That's when and why I got the lifetime NC license.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

It cost me right at $200 in Tennessee for resident hunting license with duck stamps.