Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: manipulated grain fields

the thread started as opinions on manipulated grain fields.
    its has somewhat gotten off track though!
    i rest my case, if their are people out there that truly think that growing crops and flooding them isn't baiting (whether its legal or not), well you can't fight ingnorance! food to attract anything is baiting CORN PILES FOR DEER IS BAITING, DEER CAIN IS BAITING. Any of ya'll nimrods disagree with that?

I assume you think "nimrod" is an insult, boghole?

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Jabroni and I have already debated this and closed the topic....We already agreed. To disagree....
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    I played my butt horn on a wooden pew once. No one seemed to appreciate it, especially my mom who took me outside and put the fear of God in me. To this day I still look over my shoulder to see if she's around before I fart.

tradorion Coots

she could be any kinda whore she wanted to for me!!

oh damn! i promised not to do that.

OK OK I take it back- she doesn't do a damn thing for me and i'd never try to pick her up.

Looks like this little fracas is about over...

Hmmmmm

Wow, is it Easter?

This is Resurrection week for sure.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

so why can i bush hog a dove field but not a duck pond
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    so why can i bush hog a dove field but not a duck pond
    The law provides for manipulation of your dove field crop. It expressly prohibits manipulation of crops for hunting migratory waterfowl.

:shove:

I think that hunting over flooded crops is just as bad as shooting tamies!!!

Just kidding!

After reading through this thread which happened before I was a member here, it is clear that some people do not get the big picture. I would like to thank people like JAB and duck tape for what thier flooded fields do for the migratory duck populations in SC. Without y'alls intesive management for ducks I garantee that we would be able to see a noticable difference in the amount of ducks that make thier way into SC

(just to stir the pot some)

but they(doves and waterfowl) are both migratory birds, so why can't you prep the field the same way for both???

ps- i have nothing at all against flooded ag fields, and i greatly wish that i had what some of these folks here have in terms of hunting opportunities
    Last edited by quackaddict; 07-20-2009 at 05:28 AM.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I have never hunted one but have seen the ducks on them at night. A guy I coon hunted with down near Santee caught the coons on this property to help with the corn growing. We tried to stay away from the ponds unless the hunt forced us to go near them. The few times we had to there were tons of ducks on the water from what I could tell. They would get up and circle and come right back to the ponds most of the time.

I don't see anything wrong with it as long as it's within the law. I would hunt one if given the chance. I don't think it would be something I would want to do all the time. There is nothing like the sunrise on the river to me. I would guess it helps way more ducks than they kill off of them.

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    (just to stir the pot some)

but they(doves and waterfowl) are both migratory birds, so why can't you prep the field the same way for both???
    From a waterfowl manager's standpoint, the last thing you want in South Carolina is for your corn to end up IN the water were you to bushhog it before flooding.

With bait, it isn't such a problem because you will likely be baiting within days of shooting.

With flooded corn, you will likely be flooding a month before you shoot and our weather is simply too warm here for the corn to last without souring and rotting...

tradorion Coots

law$ change- to $uit politician$, $pecial Intere$t$, and $$...

what i$ legal now will $urely change again whenever $ome politician$ decide they or their con$tituent$ "need" it to...

your "s" button is messed up
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

tradorion Coots

LOL- money drive$ "biology" ju$t a$ hard a$ it drive$ politician$

Quote Originally Posted by tradorion View Post
    law$ change- to $uit politician$, $pecial Intere$t$, and $$...

what i$ legal now will $urely change again whenever $ome politician$ decide they or their con$tituent$ "need" it to...
    How much do you reckon it would take to buy, I mean add, the extra 10 days per year that all of the other states get to hunt ducks each season?

tradorion Coots

no clue- I can only afford the basics LOL