Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossing Lake Moultrie

thats the shortest way to cut across but if you dont make that angle correct there are stumps everywhere and those lil underwater island things...spent a good portion of an evening walking a boat out of there before. luckily we saw stumps and stopped before it was too late.

SCTIMBER Coots

I used to fish around Russelville years ago but we mostly fished in one and two man boats. There are plenty of stumps so I'd keep to the slow speeds and trim your motor up. I think we were fishing the Cow Pasture

I hate stumps

This is what happened to a friend of mine about 2 weeks ago around Angels!

"As an American I am not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials." Newt Gingrich

nice, gotta love it when that happens.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    HILLS IS ON THE CANAL...... I WENT ON BY THE SPILLWAY AND KEPT ON GOIN TILL THE CONCRETE PART ENDED... THEN ANGLED OVER TO THE CHANNEL AND FOLLOWED THAT ON IN..... THERE WERE STUMPS THE WHOLE WAY THO...
    OOPS!

Here's the deal. Watch your flasher...If it goes below 18" don't slow down. Wear your life jacket. Inform friends and family where you will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

A couple of years ago a some yankees(New Jersey I think) tried to run across the hatchery when the water was up. They made it about 50 yards, which suprised me, and totally destroyed a 200 yamaha and the transom on a new skeeter. I didn't see it but heard a first hand report. Never cracked the throttle from the ditch around it. Its far better to put in near where you will be fishing than to try to run across that bitch.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Well....how did it turn out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?