Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's Your Biggest Bass?

10-13 oz...Santee Cooper off the bed with a white SWeet Beaver !!!
    student and child prodigy of the "Professor's" duckology!

Quote Originally Posted by woodykillingmachine View Post
    My biggest was 9 lbs. on Wateree when i was young. Was at my parents friends house and was bored and ask if they had a fishing rod got that and a couple pieces of bacon. Had about given up and was reeling it in and it hit it. My buddys jaw dropped when the fish came up to the surface. Caught some other big ones but no where near that one.
    9 lbs on waterre? dang

yeah ive caught a good many 5-6lbers but ive never seen a bass come out of the lake as big as that one and ive lived up there my whole life.

yeah ive caught a good many 5-6lbers but ive never seen a bass come out of the lake as big as that one and ive lived up there my whole life.

thats cause you aint been fishin with me
    hahahahahahaha

WKM, any pics.?

As a longtime Director of the SG&BC, your father (or "coach" as I like to call him) doesn't have the pull to allow us one more shot at a mossy back lunker on #6 this Spring??

You bring the black Culprit worm and meet me at sunrise....I'll have Brian Keck look the other way.

Andy......Courtney?
    Last edited by FAH Q; 12-16-2008 at 10:56 PM. Reason: addition to post

I have caught a number of 6.somethings, but have never been able to land the hog. Have been bass fishing all my life, and I out fish anyone I go with, but it always seems they catch a lunker and i catch twenty small ones. Had a few monsters hooked in local ponds, and in a small lake in GA, where my dad has caught five or six 8+. He also hooked one last year there that he thought was a damn alligator, and he swore it would of gone 13 or 14, mabye even 15. I told him he was full of shit at first but he swore it, and i guess I believe him because he has caught a lot of big bass, and bass fishes all the time. But everyone knows how fish stories go.

Only pics we have up if are hanging up. 1 on our wall of fame at our lakehouse and 1 at my buddies house who was with me. SC were gonna have to go after baseball this spring.

Only pics we have up if are hanging up. 1 on our wall of fame at our lakehouse and 1 at my buddies house who was with me. SC were gonna have to go after baseball this spring.

Yea man, they're probly bitin right now

Gotta have the line to bring them in. I switched to Berkley Big Game 20 pound green last year for bass. I really love this line for fishing in the woods. It has enough strength to rub a tree and still bring em to the boat. I would have lost several fish last year if I had still been using 12 pound. I fish only Abu Garcia 5500 or 6000 reels with this and a medium heavy rod 6 1/2 foot. The 6000's are my spinner bait reels. I know, I know, old school but it gets the job done.

7 1/2 caught on a black broke back jitter bug at night beating the banks after one of those 100 degree days this past summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Lazy is not a virtue of a duck hunter.

Eight pounder from Pimlico on the Cooper River caught on ultralight tackle while fishing for bream in the rice field breaks. I called a buddy to ask how to preserve it for the taxidermist and he said freeze it solid in a bucket of ice. I carried it home in the live well and as I was stuffing him (her) down into the bucket of water, the eye looked up at me and made me ask myself why I was killing that old fish. The taxidermist that mounted it made it look like a 10 pounder and did a great job but I'll never dry out another one that's too big to eat. I'm getting soft in my old age, literally and figuratively.

Providence swamper, we know how his fish stories go.

Got one mounted that was 7.5..............private pond off a grape culprit..........

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

8 pounder out of my great uncles private pond warm snap in January on a junebug chartruese 6in zoom lizard using one of my buddy's rod and reels (had left mine at home) the only one that wasnt a bait caster didnt end up reeling when i hooked the fish. Had to fish him in like i was deep see fishing and my buddy stuck his arm that was in a cast in the water to get him when the fish came to the back of the boat.

9 pounder on old city pound that became private with very limited access in march windy as hell on a pumpkin chartruese 6in zoom lizard was in a cove with my buddy when he went to drive out of the cove i threw back across him and hooked the bigun he wasnt to happy for the rest of the day

oh and 10lb red cajun on both catches and have since learned to use a bait caster and love them my second fish was on a bait caster

9 lbs 9 oz.

Caught on an Arkie salty craw jig.

Toughest fish I ever ate.

12lb 10oz.. 28 3/4 in.

White Zoom Trick Worm, with a flourescentized tail.

Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Damn man... You kill that one with the HighPoint. Fine weapon you have there.