Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Who got 'em?

Damn, remind me never to piss "Tank" off.....

that dog looks mean as hell

Well cusportsman and I finally managed to shoot some this morning. 2-1 ringer and a common merg. that landed in the decoys. Had to bail out early because of a sick dog but it was still a lot better morning than it has been this split. Hopefully my luck will change for the better the beginning of the next split.
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Default Another shot of Tank and the ducks....

My daughter, who took the photos, claims I picked the worst possible picture of Tank to post. Upon further review, it does make him look vicious. He's a big boy - 85 pounds - but isn't surly or anti-social.

This pic is a better representation of his normal demeanor.

That the Tiger's roar may echo.....

I still ain't messing with that evil looking thing right there, LOL, he has Dirty Harry eyes....

had to change holes because our usual one is dead this season. Turns out this new hole is just as good as our other one. probably saw 175-200 woodies. 4 guns and 10 woodies, should have been 12 but one of our friends cant shoot too well. But thats the best kind to have , haha. The dog worked okay it being his first hunt and all. There was so much s*&^ in the swamp we were huntin in that we could barely walk in it much less the dogs.
    Last edited by wskinner; 11-29-2008 at 05:38 AM.

Friday morning 2 guns, saw 3 woodrows, killed 2. They flew late as well.

Going back to another hole right now solo to give em a shot wid da 20 gauge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

DUCK MASTER is offline Professional Waterfowl Exterminator

We killed 49 in 4 days but it was real slow. Pics to come
    If it ain't broke it ain't mine!

Went this morning-4 guns-6 mallards,1 ringer,1ruddy,4 geese.Missed a black duck hovering over the decoys....im pissed about it to say the least.
    If it aint got 8 toes & a green head,it aint a duck.

the teaser season was hit or miss. 7 woodies and 2 clip toes wednesday. 2 mallards (all toes accounted for) on Friday and 24 tamies were exterminated this morning (thanks to the guys down the road for the target practice). I am not going to lie, it sure was nice being able to get up at 4:30 this morning to hunt. I am ready for the 11th, headed west to DeWitt, AR for a week. Hope everyone had a good time this short season and lots of luck to all hunting tomorrow.
    cut\'em

Day 1: 2 hairy heads and a limit of dashed expectations
    Day 2: 4 woodrows
    Day 3: 1 mallard and 1 blue bill

Was hoping for one more hunt, but I think the weather is gonna call that one off. Come on 2nd season!
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

same old...same old
    Last edited by Quercus Alba; 11-30-2008 at 07:32 AM.

Opening Morning - 4 guns - Private Pond, Me and 1 other fella got our limit of woodrows. Other 2 fellas were having a hard time getting a bead on em'. Teamed up on one woodie. Turns out to have a band. We drew straws. I lost.

Friday morning - What a bust. Put in @ 11pm thursday night. Got a couple hours of sleep in the boat. bout 5am boats start piling in. had a couple guys set up bout 200 yards to our right, and another bout 150yds to our left. Guys to the left were skybustin everthing in sight. Had a boat ride through the decoys 10 min before shoot time. I hate public. Needless to say, didnt pull the trigger.

Saturday Morning - slept in a little. Figured we would go in a little later to see where everyone was set up so we could get the hell away from em'. Found a pretty cool little spot. Missed opporitunities on 3 different occasions. Pissed at myself. At least we shot. BUGS WERE THICK!

This Morning - Stayed in the bed.

Headed out to arkansas on thursday for the second split. Hopefully get some revenge.

sunday: had the county to myself. 3 woodys, zero rain, zero competition. love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Thurs. 4 GW, 4 woodies, 4 tamies, 3 mergs.....3 guns
    Fri. 3 woodies, 2 wild mallards....1gun
    Sat. 3 woodies, 2 wild mallards, 1 tamie...1 gun
    Overall it was a pretty good start to the season...saw more big duck than I have in the past 5 openers..

I'll sum up my split I guess.......

Well.............my opening split ummmmm....sucked. Opening morning we saw plenty of ducks but there were way too many people. We got there extra early (2:30am) just to make sure we could get the spot were the ducks have been. There were 2 groups of us so we set up our decoys and put out a few lights and then met up to cook some breakfast. Well we had 2 boats come in on us and one A-HOLE manage to drive his mud boat right through the middle of my decoys. And I mean right through, his boat literally went between my decoys and the bank........WHY do people do that? I make sure I'm never within 500+ yards of someone and I would think that we all have the same mentality but I guess not.

Thanksgiving morning we hunted a private pond that held 150+ woodies 2 weeks ago.........we did not see a single duck.

Friday morning cu and I went to a spot I've never hunted before (we decided to try something new, hoping for some luck). We set up and had some fishermen come in about 30 minutes before shooting time and they were very courteous, staying 200 yards or so away and out of our firing area for the most part. We only saw a few ducks but managed to shoot at 4, killing 3. 2 bluebills and a merganser that insisted on dying by landing in our decoys.

Hopefully my second split will go better..........I'll get to hunt once or twice on the opening few days before I go under the knife on the 17th. Then I'll probably be out of the waders for a few weeks.........kindof sucks
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

congrats to everyone!

Great job guys, I guess you can kill a few in SC, but the odds start to dwindle the closer to the upstate you get and definitely plummet when you are confined to public water.

We ended up with 52 summer ducks - counting a few of the fellows who went on a pond hunt Thanksgiving am - 34 of them came out of the swamp - first time in a while we targeted the woddies just to stay away from the rubberheads since the swamp was still down for the most part. Can't wait on the swamp to get a little water in it in the right places.
    I always thought a website was a selling tool, not a product repair manual!