Thread: AGFC Pimping Out The Resource

Default AGFC Pimping Out The Resource

Yesterday, Arkansas Game and Fish voted to make all WMAs a 25 shell limit, which is an increase from 15 on the most heavily pressured areas. They also voted to legalize Robo Ducks on public land again to create “consistency” between public and private. As is the same with many states, Arkansas continues to prove that they don’t really care about protecting waterfowl, only the booming business of waterfowl. At the rate we are moving, my children will see a day they can only reminisce about waterfowl hunting.
    For the ducks

are they still going to limit the days on wma for OOS hunters?
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by ceddy View Post
    Yesterday, Arkansas Game and Fish voted to make all WMAs a 25 shell limit, which is an increase from 15 on the most heavily pressured areas. They also voted to legalize Robo Ducks on public land again to create “consistency” between public and private. As is the same with many states, Arkansas continues to prove that they don’t really care about protecting waterfowl, only the booming business of waterfowl. At the rate we are moving, my children will see a day they can only reminisce about waterfowl hunting.
    Sad day and yes, duck hunting is dying.

Of all the options they have to provide a better experience, they choose to add spinners and more shells. What a joke.

I had high hopes for the new commissioner … this leaves me scratching my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Sad day and yes, duck hunting is dying.
    Your idea or opinion of duck hunting maybe dying. But duck hunting certainly is not going anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Your idea or opinion of duck hunting maybe dying. But duck hunting certainly is not going anywhere.
    I have watched it die in SC. I have hunted AR since 1979. It is a shell of it's former self.

Why did they make these changes? Was there public input in favor of making these changes? They might as well reverse the out of state hunter restrictions, hp and prop restrictions too while they're at it.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Everyone I know, both in-state and OOSers were very adamantly against it. There were also quite a few very influential people who actually give a crap about the resource that reached out against all changes except the OOS limits. It was proposed that they change it to you can only hunt here 30 days but it’s up to you which 30. The support for banning mud motors was higher than I ever expected. They didn’t take any comments into consideration and only voted the way they wanted to. I also had high hopes for this Commissioner but he sucks worse than the last. He has his head stuck so far up his own ass. Hey more pressure on WMAs has to be good to push what birds are left to private right??? As someone I know who has hunted this state almost twice as long as I’ve been alive said, hunting here has been downhill for a long time, they are just putting the final nails in the coffin now.
    For the ducks

The more pressure = less ducks harvested by hunters, seems to be a recurring wildlife management theme.

Anti hunting has taken a huge turn over the last 10-20 years. They hate what we do and by increasing "hunter opportunity" they are reducing harvest success.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

i don’t know this but i can imagine.

Lobbyist work for people who give them money

Decoy and shell manufacturers hire lobbyist.

Hunters have to quit arguing about this group or that group being better and join together to make shit happen.
    Windows Down!

Everyone I know, both in-state and OOSers were very adamantly against it. There were also quite a few very influential people who actually give a crap about the resource that reached out against all changes except the OOS limits. It was proposed that they change it to you can only hunt here 30 days but it’s up to you which 30. The support for banning mud motors was higher than I ever expected. They didn’t take any comments into consideration and only voted the way they wanted to. I also had high hopes for this Commissioner but he sucks worse than the last. He has his head stuck so far up his own ass. Hey more pressure on WMAs has to be good to push what birds are left to private right??? As someone I know who has hunted this state almost twice as long as I’ve been alive said, hunting here has been downhill for a long time, they are just putting the final nails in the coffin now.
    The most overcrowded days for the last few years have been when oosers aren’t allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post

Hunters have to quit arguing about this group or that group being better and join together to make shit happen.
    I listened to a podcast the other day with Michael Waddell and at the end he was asked what the biggest challenge for hunting will be in the future and this was pretty much his reply.
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    The more pressure = less ducks harvested by hunters, seems to be a recurring wildlife management theme.
    For both public and private. Most public hunters think a private spot is the answer for them but a lot of them will have crappy hunting due to the way they would hunt a piece of private
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    For both public and private. Most public hunters think a private spot is the answer for them but a lot of them will have crappy hunting due to the way they would hunt a piece of private
    No doubt about it. "If you plant it they will come" doesn't always work and banging every square inch every day when they do show up will ruin it real quick.