Quote Originally Posted by TXFowler View Post
Just got an email saying they’re sending out a survey tomorrow. I imagine to do with all the issues we’ve been pushing recently and hunter satisfaction. Based on the recent wild turkey science podcast with the Tennessee folks, I’m questioning the whole pushing season dates as they found no evidence with a very solid research project. They had one prior to that about lekking and found the whole “dominant bird being shot early” implausible that it would have an effect on hens being bred. It’s a conundrum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I listened to the podcast. But have also read a lot of other data supporting the opposite about dominant birds and pushing the season. I think the TN study will be picked apart and discredited.

If you don’t believe that taking a dominant bird out of a flock affects things, go find a flock of chickens with multiple roosters. There will always be a boss rooster or two. Kill him and watch what happens with the other roosters. Ever seen a non dominant rooster try to breed a hen with the dominant bird around?