Thread: SBE HK Value?

Default SBE HK Value?

Have looked around on gunbroker and there really isn't anything to compare to. The wood ones are beat to hell or super rare, and the synthetic aren't the same. Looking for a value on these two guns?

Both are original H&K SBE 12ga

Wood stock, 28" barrel, flat rip, great condition

Synthetic, MO new bottomland dipped, raised rib, great condition

Thanks for the help
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

I'll give you a hundred dollars, cash money, right now for both.

Send me pic of them. I'm interested if you're selling 803-463-4663
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

they are worth $1000-$1400 most days. Closer to season the price increases. I have three HK's with the 24" barrels. They are the most sought after.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha and Abby View Post
    they are worth $1000-$1400 most days. Closer to season the price increases. I have three HK's with the 24" barrels. They are the most sought after.
    I'm just curious, why are the 24" barrel guns the most sought after? My original SBE has a 24" barrel. I bought it that way for more versatility hunting thick brush for woodcock or man driving deer even though it's primarily a duck gun. It's almost 30 years old now.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

I was told because of the longer receiver - it makes the 24" barrel point like a 26/28 in normal length. The shorter barrel is more versatile for hunting to me. Hope you are well, my friend.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

I’m interested in the synthetic one

my favorite ducking gun.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

I have 3 H&K M1's. A synthetic black with 26 in barrel, a dipped 26 in barrel and a wood stock one with a 28 in barrel. I bought them all over time years ago and wouldnt let them go for less than 1k.

Interesting point on the 24 in barrel length. Mine with a 28" feels like a 30" barrel compared to a 28" 1187 or 1100

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha and Abby View Post
    I agree with Sushi. I still have a passel of em but don't shoot them. Only hunted with My original I got in 92-93 but quit shooting that one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?