View Poll Results: Will you show restraint...

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll delay my season and will only attempt to fill two tags

9 15.25%
  • I'll start when the season starts but will only attempt to fill two tags

18 30.51%
  • I'll delay my season but will attempt to fill all 3 tags

1 1.69%
  • I'm starting when the season comes in and will attempt to fill all 3 tags

31 52.54%

Thread: Question On Restraint...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Common sense has told me what I need to do for the places I hunt over the years in regards to harvest limits. We've self regulated ourselves on our properties and it looks to be helping. I have no problem taking only 2 birds, having more being the end result matters more to me. I want to see numbers like we had 20 years ago again, I want multiple turkeys to hunt and enjoy.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

MC is offline Daydreamer Extraordinaire

Same as Ricky. Have been "self-regulating" for a while, and it seems to have helped.
    Last edited by MC; 03-18-2024 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    Common sense has told me what I need to do for the places I hunt over the years in regards to harvest limits. We've self regulated ourselves on our properties and it looks to be helping. I have no problem taking only 2 birds, having more being the end result matters more to me. I want to see numbers like we had 20 years ago again, I want multiple turkeys to hunt and enjoy.
    This.

I think knowing what you have, where you have them, and what each tract can handle is important. I've seen negative effects on my club because of what is, in my opinion, overharvest. Unfortunately I cannot control that, but I can control what my kids and I do on other leases. I intend to watch them shoot more than I shoot this year for sure.

I don't think I've answered your question, and the honest answer is I will continue to abide by the current guidelines without changing my hunting practices until the regs change. I do support what the Biologists are suggesting. I'm thankful to not be in a part of the state where populations really are struggling.

Self regulation seems to be a hard concept for some to wrap there head around. Unfortunately we are in the time where some people want to shoot/catch a limit , tag out, post about it. Then let that meat freezer burn until they are ready to throw it out.

I'm on the same page as Ricky. we have been self regulating for years on the places I hunt
    there is not a thing wrong with 3 woodies a day!!!