Thread: Constitutional Carry

Default Constitutional Carry

The conference committee responsible for a compromise on constitutional carry came to an agreement.

The house approved it and sent it to the senate.

I expect a law by Friday.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

If passed, will someone now be able to store/transport a handgun in a school parking lot as long as it is in console/etc without a CWP? The way the law is written now, someone must possess a CWP to have gun in car. Does Constitutional Carry apply to 18 year olds or does someone have to be 21 to exercise their rights?

Now let’s open up teal season on CAT 1s and 2s
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Thanks for the info.

Good deal DT. I saw a piece on a compromise on the CC last week on the Charlotte evening news. I thought it was dead till i saw that. I dont think the news understood CC
    Last edited by centurian; 03-05-2024 at 04:40 PM.

I am pleased to provide you with an update on the progress of the Constitutional Carry/Second Amendment Preservation Act in South Carolina. As your representative, it is my duty to ensure that your voices are heard and that your rights are protected.

Last year, the SC House of Representatives passed H.3594 with overwhelming support, reflecting our commitment to upholding the Second Amendment rights of South Carolinians. This bill aimed to grant law-abiding citizens the right to carry firearms openly or concealed, with minimal restrictions, while also increasing penalties for felons illegally in possession of firearms.

However, the Senate introduced amendments to the bill, which the House did not agree with. In response, a conference committee was formed to reconcile the differences between the two chambers. After careful deliberation and mediation, a final version of the bill has been agreed upon.

Today, I am proud to announce that the House has passed this final version of the bill, reflecting our unwavering dedication to protecting your constitutional rights while addressing concerns related to public safety.

Moving forward, the bill will now proceed to the Senate for consideration. I urge my Senate colleagues to join us in supporting this important piece of legislation, which serves the interests of all South Carolinians, and send it to the Governor for his signature to become law.

SC will soon be the 29th State in the US with a constitutional carry law!

Quote Originally Posted by wbrown609 View Post
    If passed, will someone now be able to store/transport a handgun in a school parking lot as long as it is in console/etc without a CWP? The way the law is written now, someone must possess a CWP to have gun in car. Does Constitutional Carry apply to 18 year olds or does someone have to be 21 to exercise their rights?

The explanation was brief.

I believe you have to have the CWP to have aa gun in your car at a school parking lot.

18 year olds, yes. But you can't purchase a handgun until 21.

So can you give us a brief synopsis of how it reads?

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    So can you give us a brief synopsis of how it reads?
    As we’ve learned time and time again, the devil is in the details. Just like when the GA turned misdemeanors into felonies when they updated the Concealed Weapons law to all restaurant carry and never went back to ‘fix it’. I’ve talked to two Reps, a Senator, and the (now former) Lt. Governor, and not one of them has done diddly about it. So much for our illustrious Legislators ‘watching out for our best by interests and rights’.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Does constitutional carry apply to crack heads?
    Christian Southern White Heterosexual Gun-Toting Male (The world's most hated minority)

18 years old. Permitless. Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    what could possibly go wrong?

So we're just going back to the argument that an 18 year old can die for his country, but he can't have a beer, smoke or chew or carry a hand gun b/c it scares "who"? Remember, criminals don't follow the law. The 17 year old thug cares nothing about how old you gotta be to carry. He's strapped and ready to use it. I'd rather my 18 year old carry to be able to defend herself if needed. She's been trained by me.
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 03-05-2024 at 09:45 PM.

I could get on board with an 18 year old in the service. Those are not the 18 year olds that are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    what could possibly go wrong?
    There is more to it, but why even get excited.

You could by a beer when you were 18?

The criminal element is going to criminal.

So what.

But what if you are a law abiding citizens and make a bad decision and have pistol in your pocket, declare it upon approach with LEO, so what?

Not a violent crime, but a minor fender bender.

Are you some sort of criminal for having a means to protect your self?

What if you show up at a break in on your own business property in the middle of the night and aren't thinking about laws but protecting your property. LEO shows up you dont have a CWP but have a CC???

I know it says with a cwp, and you have acknowledged consent from you employer, but what if it a chain, and you are the boss, but the CEO of the chain hates guns???

What if your wife gets out at a gas station doesn't have a CWP, but has a gun in her legally carried glove box, she gets out puts it in her side pocket to pump gas, she is approached to be robbed, she bradishes the fire arm, from a concealed position. She now goes to jail even though she saved her, and your kids life butt he video shows it she was "illegally" carrying.

I can go on and on.

EITHER you believe in freedom or you dont. That simple.

As a CWP instructor, I would say let it go. You still need a CWP for other reasons.

Yet, In to days world in SC in many cities would put you in a misdemeanor that will go a year and a day which will throw you over the limit to ever buy purchase or handle a gun again.

This isnt perfect, but it is a start, to clean up the non sense in which some idiot with a badge can stop you from protecting your self. Oh, by the way said officer will gladly run to their boss to protect them, or their fellow officer, but you and your hunting buddies are relegated to waiting on them while illegal allliens assail them!!!!!

Thank you DT!!!!

Get this done, and I spoke with your senate counterpart.

He is all in!

Get this done!!!!!

Fog Horn is waiting to sign this baby!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Silentweapon338; 03-05-2024 at 09:59 PM.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Some of the dumbest people I know have CWPs

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    Some of the dumbest people I know have CWPs
    I have watched some of the dumbest idiots pass the weapons part of the CJA. The dumb asses dont know which end of the gun shoots.

I'd trust many more CWP instructors, and or regular FFL's and certainly 07's than I ever would the average cop that passed that course..

I agree with many of your post but you have no idea!

Do not associate a badge with fire arm competency.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

I could get on board with an 18 year old in the service. Those are not the 18 year olds that are the problem.
    That was my thought as well. Oh, and I was carrying illegally at 18
    I'm all about the 2nd Amendment though, and I guess you can't straddle the fence or cherry pick with it
    Let Darwinism run it's course, I suppose
    Last edited by ecu1984; 03-05-2024 at 11:44 PM.