Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
the garmins all hook up your phone through an app so you can watch the dogs on your phone instead of the little screen on the 10.

i’d get the 10
How can I connect my Alpha 100 to my Android phone? I've looked at Playstore and the app description seems to say it's a separate LTE function that requires a subscription.

To the original poster, I use the Alpha 100 to track multiple dogs quail hunting and for blood tracking. Having the track on a map is indeed very helpful in sorting out where a deer might be headed and for picking the shortest path to drag a deer and finding my way back to the truck.. Having the ability to beep or shock my dog and tell her to break off the trail and come back is also important for me. I can also turn the collar blinker lights on and off remotely. That helps me find my dogs in the dark. It also gives me a little comfort if they are anywhere near enough to a road that they might get lured into crossing. I try not to get into that situation.

I'm not in love with the form factor of the Alpha 100. I have to dangle it from a carabiner from my belt that keeps it upside from my vantage point of looking down at it. The screen is pretty little so I have to put my reader glasses on every time I need to check the screen. The menu structure isn't very intuitive for me either and I find myself pushing a lot of buttons to find what I need. The more I use it, the less of an issue that is though.