View Poll Results: Thoughts on current laws?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kept it the same

21 60.00%
  • Change legal hours and make spotlighting illegal

5 14.29%
  • Keep legal hours, but make spotlighting illegal

5 14.29%
  • I still want to spotlight deer no matter the legal hours

3 8.57%
  • I’m indifferent

1 2.86%

Thread: Spotlighting Deer and Legal Shooting Hours

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Who thinks it’s legal to spotlight a deer?

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    Who thinks it’s legal to spotlight a deer?
    Using a light on your bow before legal shooting time closes is 100% legal. Same as thermal imagers before that time. That was straight from the green jeans mouth. He told me it’s basically a loop hole they can’t control under the current laws. I have no Idea if this is 100% correct but that’s what I was told by one of the game wardens in saluda county.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 01-15-2024 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Using a light on your bow before legal shooting time closes is 100% legal. Same as thermal imagers before that time. That was straight from the green jeans mouth. He told me it’s basically a loop hole they can’t control under the current laws. I have no Idea if this is 100% correct but that’s what I was told by one of the game wardens in saluda county.
    I don't know the law but a game warden saying that doesn't make it true by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    That is correct. The only person I know to use a light on their bow was a game warden. He also had a pressure switch on his bow so he didn’t have to turn the light on until go time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    That is correct. The only person I know to use a light on their bow was a game warden. He also had a pressure switch on his bow so he didn’t have to turn the light on until go time.
    Pressure switch is the only way to go. And having a game warden tell you something g doesn’t mean much sometimes. My buddy once convinced a game warden the state hadn’t mailed him his federal stamp was why he didn’t have it. This was before you could purchase online from DNR and still had to go to post office or a sporting goods store....so just saying.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    Pressure switch is the only way to go. And having a game warden tell you something g doesn’t mean much sometimes. My buddy once convinced a game warden the state hadn’t mailed him his federal stamp was why he didn’t have it. This was before you could purchase online from DNR and still had to go to post office or a sporting goods store....so just saying.
    I've also had to correct and educate some LEO's on species on my strap.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton