Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Florida State Emergency Meeting

Saw where the loss of tv revenue and all the other $ could total nearly $530 mil. Yeah, I’d be finding a way to recoup some of that as well when only 2-3 teams in the league account for most of that $$$.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Quote Originally Posted by jwmetz View Post
    ACC sued FSU yesterday.
    Not an expert but I would assume that’s for 2 reasons: one a more friendly venue and to attempt to keep the documents under seal so the public can’t get their hands on them.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2 View Post
    Saw where the loss of tv revenue and all the other $ could total nearly $530 mil. Yeah, I’d be finding a way to recoup some of that as well when only 2-3 teams in the league account for most of that $$$.
    Thats the very thing FSU is arguing and one of there strongest arguments and it’s two fold. One the ESPN contract runs as is through 2027. There is a 9 year option for the remainder. Secondly the way the contract is written ESPN can not reduce the revenue if FSU were to leave. The number of teams has to drop below 14. Seeing as how that would not happen there actually isn’t any damages.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 12-22-2023 at 05:40 PM.