Thread: New WMA opportunities

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Don’t mind it but what would it take for states to start pushing feds for a 3 bird, 30 day season? If we don’t slow things down, my kids won’t get to hunt ducks. The pimping of the resource is unreal. Good job working on Ramsey, the area needs it.
    Last edited by ceddy; 11-26-2023 at 10:30 AM.
    For the ducks

Quote Originally Posted by ceddy View Post
    .... what would it take for states to start pushing feds for a 3 bird, 30 day season?
    https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...ng-regulations

They roll out a new framework every year. The above link is last years. The agency accepts writtent comment during the open comment period. Please carefully consider what you say in - lest you have to live with it.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Don’t mind it but what would it take for states to start pushing feds for a 3 bird, 30 day season? If we don’t slow things down, my kids won’t get to hunt ducks. The pimping of the resource is unreal. Good job working on Ramsey, the area needs it.
    Do you have any data that backs up your opinion? Far as the experts can tell the dates and limits are adequate to sustain each species. Individual species may ebb and flow, but all in all that ship usually rights itself.

Make no mistake, duck numbers on the continent of North America are just fine, they just don't migrate to SC like they once did. There's gonna be plenty left for your kids.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Do you have any data that backs up your opinion? Far as the experts can tell the dates and limits are adequate to sustain each species. Individual species may ebb and flow, but all in all that ship usually rights itself.

Make no mistake, duck numbers on the continent of North America are just fine, they just don't migrate to SC like they once did. There's gonna be plenty left for your kids.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I don’t live in SC anymore. I see firsthand the pimping of the resource. Fields and woods getting hunted or rode every single day. No rest. Holding a bunch of birds weeks before the season and gone by the opener. I also do see the data. Data not published because the organizations and people that lobby for duck hunting don’t want to lose money. It’s all about money nothing more, nothing less. Just like the bs that flooding the woods in November kills trees so WMAs don’t flood early but neighboring private floods the same. November water doesn’t kill trees. March, April, and May water does. Duck numbers are declining. Migrations are short stopping but numbers are dropping. Duck hunting is too big of a business that won’t slow until there are no birds left to hunt.
    For the ducks

Holding a bunch of birds weeks before the season and gone by the opener.
    So where are all the bunches of birds going before opening day? Are they pimped out before season starts?

I also do not live in SC anymore - Just genuinely curious as to what's being pimped? Seems like nobody really loves their states DNR but the DNR (especially on the east half of the country) manages such limited lands/water that I can't really see how public land is a cornerstone to waterfowl management. Especially in SC. Sure public waterbodies are packed with hunters - but in SC they're also packed with bass boats and wakebording boats.

Side note: please hurry up and ban tamie ponds in SC. They're breeding out the east coasts black ducks and wild mallards.... that's what I see is being pimped.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly