Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Midterm elections

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    So by your logic, it is ok for muslims to kill Jews and gay people because it is tied into the morals of their culture?

Quick question, can anybody think of an empire in the past that was known for killing off its young that they perceived as unsuitable abominations? How about a recent regime with similar ideals? Should their sense of morality be the measuring stick in which we use?
    Nope. I think you may have read into that just a tad much.

I think that the ultimate point that I was trying to convey is that abortions, at any stage, should be legal when it is a known fact that the child will not sustain life outside of the womb & especially when that's the case AND the mother's life is in immediate danger.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post

I think that the ultimate point that I was trying to convey is that abortions, at any stage, should be legal when it is a known fact that the child will not sustain life outside of the womb & especially when that's the case AND the mother's life is in immediate danger.
    Maybe I took your "freedom of morals" spill a little too literally.

I don't think you would find any sane person, christian or otherwise, that would argue with you on abortions under those circumstances.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I don't think you will find much argument from any person given those facts but unfortunately the conversation is not about those circumstances. The discussion revolves around a healthy fetus and 15 weeks or less. I applaud your wife for having the emotional strength to deal with those cases daily.

The long and the short is the Christian conservative needs to refocus their energy to things that impact every American and things that we can change without tugging on everyone's heart strings.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    I don't think you will find much argument from any person given those facts but unfortunately the conversation is not about those circumstances. The discussion revolves around a healthy fetus and 15 weeks or less. I applaud your wife for having the emotional strength to deal with those cases daily.

The long and the short is the Christian conservative needs to refocus their energy to things that impact every American and things that we can change without tugging on everyone's heart strings.
    Agreed 100%.

And thanks. When she went from general ultrasound to this MFM stuff, it was very hard for her in the beginning. I'm sure it isn't really any easier now that she's been doing it for a few years, but she's learned how to better handle the emotional aspect.

Shame on anyone in the business of killing children, inside our outside their mother’s womb.
    #DoNoHarm

How fucking mentally ill is this world that euthanizing kids is a career path…
    (consult Hamas for further details)
    Last edited by DoubleSprig; 11-08-2023 at 12:21 PM.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post

My real point was the Republicans need to quit focusing on abortion and laser focus on the economy, inflation, national security, jobs/work ethic/entitlements, and the national debt. Those 5 issues all have impacts on every single American that far outweigh the impact of abortion. Those 5 issues will win.
    This is kinda where I fall on this. I feel there are more important issues right now that need help and are having a greater impact on the state of our country.

My wife works in a Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) high-risk OB office. Spend 3-4 days listening to her stories of what "children of God" she's scanned over the week, and you (along with many others) would probably change stances on abortion. New laws are a bitch. When a fetus/baby/whatever is so crippled -- feet turned backwards, a hydrocephalus, and organs growing on the outside of its body... When the thing has a 0.00% chance of viable life outside the womb -- these mothers are forced by Man's law to carry these abominations full-term; that ain't right, damn it!

Again, spend a week with her stories; I'm nearly POSITIVE it would make most of you change your mind on how you feel about abortion.
    doesn't SC still allow abortions?
    what law are you talking about?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    doesn't SC still allow abortions?
    what law are you talking about?
    A woman can get an abortion if she figures out she is pregnant before 6 weeks from conception.
    DILLIGAF

I thought it was 15. When did this happen?

lots of abortions going on next to my office. Must be plenty of women that know they are pregnant at 6 weeks.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

lots of abortions going on next to my office. Must be plenty of women that know they are pregnant at 6 weeks.
    Sure they do. Its their birth control.

Christian Southern White Heterosexual Gun-Toting Male (The world's most hated minority)

This year because Republicans can't figure out how to stay out of our bedrooms and out of our wallets. The hell with all of them. Send them all home.

Biggest news for me was IOP vote on short term rentals but it was a close one. Actually has my sister and I considering selling family vacation home after all these years I am sure this will come up again in 24

Was glad to see Anderson 4 got referendums passed for new Pendleton HS, hate tax increases but only way it will happen and is desperately needed (our Grandsons are/will be A4 products )

We all F’d for 2024 if you ask me but we will get up and go to work the next day like we always do , really like DJT is staying out of these useless Debates. Guess it makes the others fill good but they wasting time or jockeying for VP

Vivek ain’t wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    This year because Republicans can't figure out how to stay out of our bedrooms and out of our wallets. The hell with all of them. Send them all home.

Smaller government types and all that...I supposed it's to distract from actually doing something useful. Hell, that can't even pick a leader without screwing that up.