Thread: Help my friend (Tuffy's boy) find a job in SC

Default Help my friend (Tuffy's boy) find a job in SC

Alright gentlemen, I need some help and wanted to tap the SCDucks network.

Some of you may recall how I came to know our dearly departed Tuffy via his son Keith when they moved back to the farm a little south of Sumter in 1994ish. Keith and I quickly became chums upon meeting at Laurence Manning Academy beginning of our 8th grade year. He and I've lived together, worked together, endured many trials and tribulations at each other's side and have managed to stay close over the years... he eventually wound up in AL close to 2 decades ago. Fast forward to today, following Tuffy's passing Keith and his bride have been looking at moving back to SC for a plethora of reasons. His wife has secured an awesome position as a member of the IT team at Starbucks' bean roasting facility just south of Cola, but the delay in them moving has been selling their current house. His better half already started with Starbucks remotely so they're moving no matter what just unsure on the timeline. Might take a few months but it's in the works and the Lord has those things handled.

In the meantime, another aspect of this move is Keith's job situation... his current employer is old school in some ways and is not real keen on allowing him to continue employment with them post-move. They basically said they'd keep him til the end of the year but that's it. So he's got 4 months ish.

I've already tapped B.Miller (thanks again B for taking the time to talk with Keith btw) but wanted to cast a wider net. Of course there's job boards out there but sometimes it's just better when you "know someone".

Keith is my age, early 40's with a heap of Sales experience, eventually leading him to a Wells Fargo Bank in Birmingham, where he worked his way up to a being a Manager. He did that for a number of years eventually pivoting to his current role working for a real estate lawyer which carried a much more manageable stress level and saved him from the inherent trappings of working for 'Corporate America' that I'm sure many of us, me included, are all too familiar with. He currently is a Escrow Processor managing title closings. He's the gears turning behind the scenes, the magician that gets your closing done when you buy a property. His intent was to stay in that arena as he enjoys the work and frankly he's very good at what he does.

So wanted to throw it out there to see if anyone "knows someone", is directly in that line of work or perhaps their wife or brother is and if they were looking for some experience to add to their team.

His preference is to get on with an employer in the Cola area, but if a firm in the upstate or lowcountry is open to remote work that's a legit option as well.

Gents, I can't tell you how much I value this man's friendship and right now brother needs a helping hand.

What y'all got? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 08-24-2023 at 01:40 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I would be happy to connect with him. I work in mortgage banking with a local community bank. We have opportunities and many relationships with closing attorneys. Will pm you my contact info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your Mailbox is full.

And this is why I love this place. Good on both of you guys and good luck to Keith and his family in their move back to SC

Thanks gents. I guess my subscription lapsed. Let me check, gimme a few...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Sent a text.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Received BB.

I updated my subscription, just awaiting the Bobs to process so I can get my big inbox back. Will update the thread when I see the change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Received BB.

I updated my subscription, just awaiting the Bobs to process so I can get my big inbox back. Will update the thread when I see the change.
    Worm delete some of your messages so people can pm you.

It'd likely be quicker to just wait til an admin to update my subscription status, but I could stand to delete a bunch of em anyway. I'll get to work on that after I get the kids to bed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Alright boys, I can receive pm's again. That was a job, not gone lie.

Last edited by willyworm; 08-25-2023 at 07:11 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pm sent