Thread: Fuel treatments

Default Fuel treatments

For my ears and the 2 stroke noise, I'm going from 2 stroke to four.

I have alwamts use e free and e free gas treatment on my 2 stroke. Never a fuel issue except when a fuel line from the tank was going bad. Got a new OEM hose and issue fixed.

So, in the new 4 stroke, I was wondering about the fuel preservation. A fella started telling me to use nothing but seafoam vs stabill.

Y'all have comments?
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Rotary Ethanol Shield 24 Oz. https://a.co/d/fuvhpgq

My mechanic recommends PGIR.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

I have two worse case scenarios: A F150 with a big (can't remember exactly) 60 gallon tank. That literally sits for 10 months sometimes going unused but I always top it off full before I let it sit. And a F20 with a portable gas tank that sits unused from February through September. I put nothing but non-ethanol gas in both. No fuel additives and have never had a fuel issue with either. They both crank right up without a problem. I'm not saying some situations don't require fuel additives but so far I have zero regrets for not using an additive.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

What brand motor?

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

I use Star Tron's new Ring+ with enzymes. I had been using their fuel stabilizer for some time with success then they came out with something that also includes a "Ring Free" type additive. I use it in my 2 smoke and my 4 Yamahas.

I do believe that if you are turning your tank over every week or two completely then there is no real need for additives if you are using real gas. In fact, many of the charter captains use E10 because they feel that their fuel does not have time to gain moisture or do harm. I do not share their opinions and am pretty sure if the cost were the same, they would not either. MG

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Dum Spiro Spero

Sea Foam is great for upper cylinder/rings/valves/injectors/VST tank and carbon cleaning but lacks as a fuel "stabilizer"
    and what Maggie said
    oh, and I buy Sea Foam by the gallon......it works and if used frequently, will keep your stuff running right

Good E Free is the ticket. I run a Honda 135, add a little ring free and never use Sea Foam. I try to run my motors at least once if they sit for 30 days.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Sea Foam is the ticket. They now make a marine formula as well.

oh, and if you ever have water in your fuel, buy a bottle of Heet
    and buy the red bottle. It works, I have even tested it and others in mason jars.
    It breaks the water molecules down small enough to get burnt, unless of course you have more water than gas.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 08-04-2023 at 08:43 AM.