Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
It must involve nitrous oxide.
ha, I'm terrible at internetting on a phone

I just slice them, then the tomatoes go straight into a colander. I believe in the less water you have then the more flavor, ie fat stuff like that you can add. I haven't made a pie crust in some years now, but I can. Sometimes, I'll use deep, sometimes shallow, all tomato amounts depending. So these, I'll follow directions of the crust and poke holes then get them started in the oven. Then they're pulled out and cooled. The sliced and drained tomatoes went in, then a couple squirts of duke's, salt, pepper, basil, then fine mozzarella, and then fine cheddar on top. I baked them on 350 for maybe 20 to 25 until the cheese was browned.

I'll play with all of that, but that's the gist of my quick pies. I like them simple, no meats or anything.. no pimento cheese. I think that's just fake south. I don't mind all cheddar, but I prefer them with some mozzarella. If it's looks soupy, cut out some dukes. Basil, fresh and it has to be inside, if not it'll just burn. I don't think there's a defined way to make one, but they should be simple with simple flavors in my opinion.