Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swollen eyes from bushhogging ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggin View Post
    Did jew find a smokin deal on some used allergy meds with less than 300,000 miles and good reviews?
    L. O. L.

Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never had any allergy problems until after college. If it gets my now I’m a sneezing snot blowing mess. So now I start about first of March every year using Flonase, 1 squirt each side daily, and an Allegra or generic Zertec, once daily whether I need it or not. May is normally when it hits me. But with that process starti g in March, I generally have no problems. I quit taking that stuff about end of May every year. Try it and see.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    I run into this every year

Was at farm today bushhogging spots I plant an egyptian wheat mixture to shield clover plots and give deer plenty of cover

Also did some other cutting as well while I was there

This time of year every time I do this I end up with swollen itch eyes, I guess it is the ragweed

I wear sunglass and a dust mask but seems to not help, even thought about some of those goggles off road folks use but not sure if that would help

Any ideas, nope not getting. cab enclosed tractor anytime soon
    You could try smoke goggles. They keep the smoke out. Wouldn’t see why they wouldn’t keep what ever it is you’re reacting to.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippedtoe View Post
    You could try smoke goggles. They keep the smoke out. Wouldn’t see why they wouldn’t keep what ever it is you’re reacting to.
    What I am thinking. Never had this issue until last 4-5 yrs. Always when I bushhog this time of year

I keep plenty of Flonase but my sinuses do not stop up. Just puff eyes swollen eyes

Took shower soon as I got home and 2 Benadryl when I went to bed

Other than swollen eyes I have no issues

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggin View Post
    Midol, summers Eve and a black cherry white claw (or bud light).
    That is funny but does make you feel like a Wussie or that you are from Ohio LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    Cab tractor with an air filter.
    Yea that would be the ideal resolution but just not wanting to spend $40K for something that happens once a year

My hunting partner bought new Kioti w cab last year, he offered to drop it off for me to use. Next time I will take him up on that

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Spray a tank of liquid Treflan off that open tractor and you will quit worrying about the sniffles. Of course, you will be able to run down to Texas and pass as a Yemeni refugee and get full benefits so there is that...

THIS !!!!
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Jessi speaking to the heart of this thread.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CokxB...RlODBiNWFlZA==

What if you moved up your bushhogging. I avoid bushhogging this time of year to avoid fawns and poults. I only take the tractor into the plot to spray.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    What if you moved up your bushhogging. I avoid bushhogging this time of year to avoid fawns and poults. I only take the tractor into the plot to spray.
    Wish that was an option but till tax season is over I do not have an hour to spare much less and entire day until first week of May

MOPP gear (level 4) and bourbon. The bourbon is for after you are finished. Some folks try it before and the results are not always consistent.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Johnson grass pollen head bothers my eyes bigtime

Wait till after a nice rain
    For nothing will be impossible with CHRIST Luke 1:37

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Wish that was an option but till tax season is over I do not have an hour to spare much less and entire day until first week of May
    While you’re making all that $$$ during tax season, you can hire me to do your bush hogging. Problem solved. And then I can spend more and stop some of 2th’s whining.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Nasal spray and allergy eye drops. Zyrtec doesnt do anything for me. Finally started trying the nasal spray and eye drops every morning and my bags and sinus' have been so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by flashman252 View Post
    Nasal spray and allergy eye drops. Zyrtec doesnt do anything for me. Finally started trying the nasal spray and eye drops every morning and my bags and sinus' have been so much better.
    Be careful of nasal spray.