Thread: rules for hunting near a residence

Default rules for hunting near a residence

I was having a discussion with a few friends and the subject about hunting near a residence came up, i know if you are within three hundred yards of a residence it says you must be at least 10 foot off the ground, does this mean the bottom of the stand or where the gun is fired from

I've heard it both ways. 10' to your feet would cover you either way

If you own the land no rules apply.

Kind of in same boat, at Son in law/daughters place there is 2 homes that have popped up beside where I hunt They are completing their new house but it is no really near where deer stand is at all

Deer stand was there long before they built and I am actually looking at moving it about 50-75 yards closer to them to eliminate the angle I would possibly shoot at (not shooting directly at the 2nd house which is built way off the road but in general direction ). The first house that was located is directly to me side so not a real issue honestly. Above all i want to be safe

Deer stand is 10’ tall box stand that can be moved fairly easily , going to make do rest of this season but will re work food plots in spring to be straight out in front of me

I know I was there first but would not want anyone shooting in the general direction of my house , sucks but is what it is
    Last edited by tprice; 11-13-2022 at 09:52 PM.