Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making the switch

I got the Cabelas Dry Plus last year and love them! Do remember that when you take a swim they don't float like neoprene.

Jab, do the Cabelas waders have D rings on them?

I've been using a pair of Dry Plus bootfoot waders for at least three or four years now and haven't had a leak. I've got another pair of breathables in stocking foot for fly fishing. They're a good dull olive so I can use them duck hunting too, if I ever need to. The wading shoes are felt soles though and they probably wouldn't do too well in mud.

I've been in damn cold weather with mine. We hunted Missouri a few years ago with temps in the teens and they were toasty. I wear polar fleece wader pants underneath. They were also plenty warm when we had a cold snap here and the ice on the whole rice field was thick enough for the dog to walk on. Usually, I just wear capilene long johns and blue jeans with wool boot socks under them. More often the problem is being too warm after a grueling slog through marsh dragging a sack of decoys.

I've also worn them as bottoms to my rain suit while deer hunting in the rain. They're really too noisy for that though, especially for bow hunting or stalking. The sticks and stickers haven't hurt them yet.

Don't whitewater kayakers wear lightweight dry suits? It would probably be hard to find one in a camo color though, just like camo kayaks are so rare. Where would you keep your shells without an outer jacket?

What is this "silo" rig y'all mentioned?

Been wearing breathables for about 5 years now!! Once you go breathable you won't go back to neoprene! I have been through two pairs, but I'm rought on them. I used them for all kinds of stuff from fishing to working in the water to deer hunting. I have had a pair of the dry plus, and a pair of Kobuks(sp). THe dry plus seams at the boots wore out and I sent them back and they sent me another pair! You can't bet that! They were close to three years old, and had no other leaks. The kobuks worked fine till I ripped a hole in the on the latch on the dry box in the boat, still work but patch leaks in deep water. I think they have a small leak n the boot now, but I can't find it. After a few hours there is enought water to me aggravating though. I have hunted in hot and cold weather with no complaints!

Default JAB you still sold

JAB are you still sold on the breathable waders?

[QUOTE=JABIII;246850]After years of watching the old man and some of the crew hunt in total comfort in all weathers, I finally made the switch to breathable waders. I have been running neoprene since they first came out after years of the old Brush Buster canvas from Cabelas. For the switch I chose the Cabelas Dry Plus Breathable's simply because they have held up so damn well for the other boys. Damn Cabelas for sending me that Catalog yesterday!QUOTE]

Anybody have the Warrior Style waders from Cabela's????
    Last edited by SuperSwamp Fox; 11-04-2008 at 01:08 PM.
    Doin' what I do best! STRAIGHT KILLIN'

2010 SCDucks Deer Champion
    2010 SCDucks Turkey Champion
    2007,2008,2009, 2010 NBK Deer Killin' Champion