Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Freeman caught cheating??

I bet the name Billy has been typed out a 100 times on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Sounds like the fish wasnt the only thing that has had something in its ass hole……..
    I can practically hear your tears. It's glorious.

The moondickery in this thread is absolutely astounding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    The moondickery in this thread is absolutely astounding

It's not surprising at all around here these days.

My buddy told me he knows a guy that watched billy put the water hose in the fishes ass hole personally
    Hey big man lemme hol a dollar.

That "Billy", he is such a jokester

I only know him formally. Call him Bill.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I only know him formally. Call him Bill.
    Lucky bastard, he makes me refer to him as William.

Well shit I’ve been outta the loop all this time. It just occurred to me y’all are talking about Mr and and Mrs Freemans boy!
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

https://www.thehulltruth.com/sportfi...-atlantic.html

This should answer all of the questions except the two names
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Here's what the link says.

Hey Guys,
    Now that everyone has speculated for a week, let me set the record straight...
    The following was posted on THT yesterday by username "Aftco"

"I know all of the guys personally that fished with Billy and Billy himself. First off, Billy is a straight shooter along with the captain. To clear someone of the hearsay, Billy has spent 15 years building an honest brand and seems to now carry a black eye because of an ignorant mistake by 1. In no way shape or form does Billy condone cheating, tolerate or allow it. Unfortunately at this point, they all are guilty by association. Now to carry the facts, a mate and only 1 mate did in fact ingest water (roughly 3 gallons of fresh water) into the marlin during the nearly 4 hour ride in. They are fishing on a 63ft Weaver owned by Billy Freeman. Why fresh water, the boat does not have a raw water wash down. It is fact, that Billy and captain where totally unaware of what happened. Why you say, when you have a potential $750k fish on the deck, you begin to celebrate and attention while running 30knots for 4 hours is not on the fish 100% of the time. Guys where in the salon watching tv, listening to music and celebrating. Not going to elaborate more on that but you get the point. The guys pull into the weight station and weigh the fish, but more importantly the stomach fell out of the fishes mouth as they pull away which red flagged the whole ordeal. Concern on the dock ensues and the scientist began his investigation. Due to the ingest and amount, the fish was DQ’d. The tournament director quickly addressed the boat owner and captain privately and confirmed the DQ’d fish. From that point, Billy and captain began questioning crew and 1 mate came forward and confessed what happened. Billy is now in a tight spot, trying to due what any honest sportsman would due he fires said mate. I can’t imagine the feeling and not passing judgement either way, just simply stating the facts. Billy has now a bigger challenge ahead. Unfortunate event that ruins it for everybody."

Aftco (not to be confused with the apparel company) wrote a mostly accurate response yesterday that has been passed around the internet, but there were a few details that weren't quite on point.
    My full-time mate for the summer was not fired nor sent home. However, the 2 others that were involved were indeed sent home and won't be allowed back on any boat belonging to me. No names will be mentioned, but I can assure you they are feeling the wrath of this whole ordeal... much the same way me, my family, my friends and crew are feeling the wrath of 2 people's ABSOLUTELY DUMBASS mistake. Lots of emotions, tears and "what the hell were they thinking" has been going on.
    I want to move on from this and continue running a successful boat building program and continue fishing with and against some of the best fishermen in the world.

I have received support from people that know me and from people that don't know me. However, there will be those that want to point fingers at why someone has been successful ..."must have been cheating". I have never cheated and never will cheat. My 17-year-old son is a MAJOR reason for the success of Mas Pescado, our king fishing team, and he is well on his way to being a force to reckon with in the blue water realm.... Why would I jeopardize that? I have spent 15 years building my business and what I feel is a solid reputation... Lying, cheating and stealing is a quick path to failure in my book.

Thank you for your time and I wish everyone the best...

Sincerely
    Billy Freeman

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Colin4; 09-01-2022 at 07:51 PM.

Jcoker can apologize at his convenience.

I do not know anything about offshore fishing especially Marlin Tournaments. Would they know of other boats that have fish close to theirs? I mean why risk everything for at most 25 lbs extra. I dont get it

About what I originally thought. Hope this guy isn't another troll like the 20 on here, and Freeman Boats keeps building one of the most impressive homegrown outdoor products to come out of South Carolina...

Well

It’s on the internet

So it must be true.

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rem11-87 View Post
    I do not know anything about offshore fishing especially Marlin Tournaments. Would they know of other boats that have fish close to theirs? I mean why risk everything for at most 25 lbs extra. I dont get it
    I asked this earlier. Curious as well.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

People do stupid shit over a fish. Freeman Boats are still the baddest fishing machines out there. It’s a dang fine success story for all of SC. Of course people hate on success at every turn. A man busts his ass to build something based on his name, which I’m sure means everything to Billy Freeman. One bad decision by someone else tarnishes that.

Just because you own the boat/company doesn’t mean you know everything going on in real time. It’s what you do to correct those mistakes that tells what your character is.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 09-01-2022 at 10:20 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I don’t know whether he is more or less credible with his confusion between where/were and do/due
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    I don’t know whether he is more or less credible with his confusion between where/were and do/due
    Well that's the quote from a different member, not Billy.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk