Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mini Split Systems

Quote Originally Posted by tsigmon View Post
    1 12'x12' roll-up insulated door ,two 4' walk thur doors, two 30"x48" windows side-by-side and another single window the same size...I guess a little bigger is better than too small?
    Tobig is just as bad as to little. to big can cause very high humidity in the room and possibly mold and mildew. Is it in the shade or full sun.

Well ran another calc before I let work 3.5 should work well, if you are in full sun I would go to 4.2 tons. If you use mini split you may need three evaps as those don’t throw air very far.

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    Well ran another calc before I let work 3.5 should work well, if you are in full sun I would go to 4.2 tons. If you use mini split you may need three evaps as those don’t throw air very far.
    That was another question , how many interior units? As far as direct sun ... shade until about 10AM then full sun until about 5 PM this time of year. Mini Split or "traditional" heat pump best bang for the buck?

Default Mini Split Systems

Finished my install today. As mentioned above, there are true diy units and others that require hvac tools and refrigerant. I bought a Perfect Air unit and it was completely plug and play. No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Carlisle; 07-10-2022 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tsigmon View Post
    That was another question , how many interior units? As far as direct sun ... shade until about 10AM then full sun until about 5 PM this time of year. Mini Split or "traditional" heat pump best bang for the buck?
    Since it is not likely to be in use during the 10 to five time period you can live with the 3.5 ton unit. The minis throw air about 25-30 feet depending on the height and obstacles Two would likely work but three would prevent hot spots. The savings with the mini split is dependant on how much of the work you can do yourself. In an existing structure the mini is easier to accomodate. Given cost per value i would get a traditional system.

Thanks for all the help.