Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gas tax kicks in July 1

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Infrastructure
    • With ARPA and this budget - we have about $1 Billion in additional state road funding
    • 4th largest state highway system serving the 10th fastest population growth
    • Recurring dollars will pull down hundreds of millions in federal funding
    • Two significant interstate projects: the widening of 70 miles of I-26, and the widening of 33 miles of I-95.
    • Both of these projects are expected to be accelerated by the one-time infusion.
    • $250 million additional to local CTCs for secondary and low volume primary roads.
    I just want lower taxes

Quote Originally Posted by billbuster84 View Post
    Where you getting 58.5? I’m a Duke contractor and we get 52.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It’s 58.5 now and goes up to 62.5 on July 1.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/a-22-13.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I just want lower taxes
    If you know roads would not get fixed without the 12 cents tax increase, how would you vote?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    If you know roads would not get fixed without the 12 cents tax increase, how would you vote?
    I’m not faulting you. The system is a frustrating one. If I were a politician, I’d probably draw some lines in the sand for myself that I wouldn’t cross. One of those would be no tax increases. So I think I would vote no and live with the consequences.

For years I watched the senate say no to funding requests for roads out of the general fund.

The gas tax was one of my most difficult votes. I polled it in my district. 60% said they would rather pay the tax than continue to drive on terrible roads.

I went against my anti-tax increase nature and reluctantly supported the increase of 2 cents per gallon for 6 years. Not to make light of 12 cents but fuel has gone up 12 cents a week for 6 months.

Now do you want to have a 3 month tax holiday like Biden is proposing or continue to fund the 20 year road maintenance fund?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

I supported increasing the gas tax. The US & state roads I travel mostly have been resurfaced. The county road are still bad as expected.

Bridges still need to be replaced. This cost for a bridge is steep. The Cooper River bridge would cost over $1.5 billion to replace today.

Roads are an actual function of government and the gas tax is a user tax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

all the funding and tax hikes to add more money for roads, all the while the officials in charge award grossly over inflated bids to contractors who cant and wont finish with in timelines or budgeted bids.

how many people have made a killing off the govt on contracts that should have never have had such high costs associated.

I did enough govt contract work back in the day where I was told how much they had to spend and a private sector project would never cost that much

its all bullshit.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!