Thread: St. Lucia

Default St. Lucia

Going to St. Lucia in August with the wife and a few friends. Anybody got any experience with the fishing that time of year? Our first time there and I thought about doing a half day charter if it was worth a damn...

Buy trip insurance since it's hurricane season.

The best money I've ever spent there was for a full day tour with two locals.

They picked me and the wife up in their 31'er on the resort dock and did a total tour of the island. You will have the whole boat to yourself, no randos.

Local lunch was served by their mother on their family beach front hut, hot springs, snorkeled at reefs, tour of Hurricane Hole, docked and did a taxi tour through the local village. Homemade rum punch, drinks, try the "green juice" when they pull up to the local island boy's dock if you dare...

They are not a fishing charter, but I'm sure they will put together something for a few hours if you ask and if it's the right time of year. We dropped a few handlines while trolling around a couple areas. Handlined a wahoo which was pretty cool.

https://www.israelkingwatertaxi.com/...ia-excursions/
    Make sure to get the Island King II, it's their bigger boat. I believe I spent $600 plus a $100tip for each guide, Jerome and Glenn.

Fished with Hackshaw Fishing Charters while we were there in 2018. Fishing was slow, but I thought the guides did the best they could. Wouldn't hesitate to go back with them.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Went out on a half day trip, weed lines and beautiful water everywhere and we caught one barracuda. I am not much of an off shore fisherman but I could tell the folks we went with did not hit it very hard. I lined it up through one of the local guys that hung around the resort. What ever you wanted to do he could make it happen. When you are flying in you can see sargassum rafts for hundreds of miles from the plane. It was beautiful but next time I will not been flying that far.