Thread: Shoot and Dinner @UWP

Default Shoot and Dinner @UWP

The owner of Upland Wings Preserve in Blair, South Carolina said it was okay for me to post information about their Thursday shoots. They have a 5 stand set up and every Thursday for $40 you can shoot and then they have chef cook. Soft drinks, water, and adult beverages are provided. If you score high enough, the top shooters in October I think it is has a chance to win a free quail hunt. It's a damn good time and super good food. Figured I'd spread the word

I used to ride to Camden with my dad a couple times a year to do something similar in Ralph's neck of the woods.

It's been 25yrs at this point, I'm sure.

I remember it fondly. Good food and fun shooting.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

There sure is some pretty land around Blair.
    It'd be a nice trip first week of November.

I know it's going to be hot as shit, but two weeks ago when I went it was a great turnout and it seemed like everyone had a blast. They had wings, roasted potato salad, veggies, and a dessert.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    I used to ride to Camden with my dad a couple times a year to do something similar in Ralph's neck of the woods.

It's been 25yrs at this point, I'm sure.

I remember it fondly. Good food and fun shooting.
    My cousin, did a Wednesday thing for years out there at Hermitage. It's been a long time since I've been, heck they could still do it. It's been about that long ago for me.

How many rounds of 5 stand ?

I’m pretty sure it’s every other Thursday, not every Thursday, unless they have changed it recently. I went to the one four weeks ago and it was a good time and great food. I got to see some friends I haven’t seen in a while.

Those guys at UWP are really good folks. I know some don’t care for kick ‘em up and shoot, but we go down there every year and have a great time. They really do a good job and I’d think this Thursday night deal would be fun. The new place at Blair is a pretty cool tract of land.

If anyone is interested in another 5 Stand option check out Tinker Creek Shooting Grounds in Santuc SC... similar situation but no adult beverages.

d

Quote Originally Posted by UPSTATEWATERFOWLER View Post
    Those guys at UWP are really good folks. I know some don’t care for kick ‘em up and shoot, but we go down there every year and have a great time. They really do a good job and I’d think this Thursday night deal would be fun. The new place at Blair is a pretty cool tract of land.
    Joe and Neal Culbertson are some of the best in the business. I've known them for 10+ years. The new preserve in Blair is a really nice setup for sure

Took my dog a few times to pick up pheasants on their tower shoots. The Culbertson's seem like good folks from what I could tell.

The main house is cool to see.