Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Homeschool Awakening

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    What’s the riff with woman being pastor. I’ll admit I’m younger than some in here. I grew up then a woman pastor.
    Why did you quit preaching and start surveying??? One and a half days a week is half what a Dentist works. Seems like a good gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Why did you quit preaching and start surveying??? One and a half days a week is half what a Dentist works. Seems like a good gig.
    I could never be a pastor and def not a female pasture. Apparently my grammar and spelling would suck to bad. But I ask myself often why surveying. I need a cushy surveying job like yours.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 06-02-2022 at 01:12 PM.

I need a cushy surveying job like yours.
    Get in line. I done called dibs.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    kids shouldnt give a darn.

BUT when its dropped in your classroom and you're just supposed to live with it....kids HAVE TO deal with it when they shouldnt

i give not a shit about the parent. I care about the kid. in this instance, I care more about boozer's kid than the cross dressing one. I just feel sorry for her.
    Exactly, it should be headed off by the school and not brought upon the kids or their parents. Problem is in today's world, schools that take that stance are few and far between.

While at the time it was one of the most questioned decision I ever made, sending my kids to a private christian based school has turned out to be one of the best things we ever did. The stuff you see every day, such as what Boozer is dealing with just solidifies the fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    Exactly, it should be headed off by the school and not brought upon the kids or their parents. Problem is in today's world, schools that take that stance are few and far between.

While at the time it was one of the most questioned decision I ever made, sending my kids to a private christian based school has turned out to be one of the best things we ever did. The stuff you see every day, such as what Boozer is dealing with just solidifies the fact.
    Except what happened to Boozer's kid happened in a private Christian school. It's like there's no where safe anymore. We have churches here in the upstate celebrating and embracing sin this month. Let that sink in.

Except what happened to Boozer's kid happened in a private Christian school. It's like there's no where safe anymore. We have churches here in the upstate celebrating and embracing sin this month. Let that sink in.
    That's a fact!!

I get that, he handled it better than I would have and you do what you can as a parent. The biggest problem is the support of it(by other parents) that he highlighted, which shows the road we are heading down as a society.

I had just heard the other day another private Christian school listed on the student app "what do you identify as". Another example of caving in and it was a relief when our school head said that will never happen. We sign a contract(that I 100% agree with surprisingly) that us and our kids adhere to, you violate it, you're gone.
    Last edited by buckpro; 06-02-2022 at 01:45 PM.
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Get in line. I done called dibs.
    May the best applicant win, lol. But it I moved out of the private sector I really need to go to the dot. I have 17 years state retirement from the fire department.

May the best applicant win, lol. But it I moved out of the private sector I really need to go to the dot. I have 17 years state retirement from the fire department.
    I may have misrepresented myself.

I don't want to survey. I want to be the surveyors gopher. I will have a shirt on with Ruth Langmore's picture on it that says "I don't know S about F. Go ask someone else" because after I sell this place and leave vet medicine I will never, NEVER, answer another question. Don't even ask me what I want for dinner.

I may have misrepresented myself.

I don't want to survey. I want to be the surveyors gopher. I will have a shirt on with Ruth Langmore's picture on it that says "I don't know S about F. Go ask someone else" because after I sell this place and leave vet medicine I will never, NEVER, answer another question. Don't even ask me what I want for dinner.
    Don’t blame you there. I have family in the medical field. I experienced it growing up. I imagine being a vet is the same. Now I will stop dicking up this lovely homeschooling thread.

There are still a decent amount of churches and private Christian schools that have biblical principles.