Thread: $ Welfare and Food Stamps $

SCTIMBER Coots

Default $ Welfare and Food Stamps $

I saw first hand today part of the problem with the economy and why this country is at the state it is in today. I had to run into Walmart to pick up a few items and was waiting in the check out line when I happened to look around for a few minutes.

The line next to me had two guys and a girl checking out that had a shit pile of groceries. I'm talking a pile. I was thinking to myself these folks can't eat all that food, gotta be over $300 worth. The lines were backed up so I stood there a while watching. They filled three carts to the top with food, drinks, junk and were about to start on a fourth when the cashier rang up the last item. Total bill was $672.66. I have never seen anybody go get that many groceries in my life. But what shocked me more was when the woman whipped out a card and the cashier swiped it. The amount due came up to $1.90 .... yeah thats right $1.90. She handed the cashier two dollars and got her .10 and they started a convoy out the door.

Here at the farm, we've got 4 refrigerators, and 3 deep chest freezers and I wouldn't have had room enough to store all that damn food. If them folks weren't abusing the system then I don't know what you would call it other than being sorry and wasteful. Funny thing about it was that one of the guy's had a moped helmet , I ain't sure the bed of my F150 would have held all of that food.

I will not go into the race of the people because it doesn't really matter because all of em' abuse the system. The guy ahead of me was a mexican and was buying some fruit. He had already paid for his fruit and the cashier was trying to tell him that he had already paid. He still tried to keep handing her cash. She finally figured out that he had gotten some more fruit and was trying to pay for it as well. He could have very well just walked out the door and nobody would have known the difference. I know we talk a lot of smack about em' and there are times I can't stand some of them but this guy today was honest.

This was a long rant but it just sickens me to see people take advantage of something that was meant to help people that need help.
    Last edited by SCTIMBER; 10-04-2008 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCTIMBER View Post
    it just sickens me to see people take advantage of something that was meant to help people that need help.
    Completely agree.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

I have some Mexican neighbors. They are some of the nicest neighbors that I have ever had. The kids are polite and always say Sir and Mr.......all of them. Much better than my trashy Redneck neighbors.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Camo Snob and myself surveyed an apartment complex in Atlanta that was 100% Mexican (Actually I think they were Honduran, but we'll stick with Mexican to avoid confusion...). Every morning the men all lined up on the street and jumped on the bus or got in trucks to go to work. A short time later all the women and children made their way to street where they waited on the school buses to pick up the kids. The women went back to the apartments with the children too young for school. Mid morning they would bring the young ones out to play and then they'd disappear inside again. 3:30 or so the school buses all showed back up and the women were there waiting on the kids. The kids and women went back inside. The women then started cooking about 4:00. The men showed up at 5:30 or so, everyone ate and then the kids came out to play for a couple of hours, very well mannered, I might add. This was repeated every day we were there. When we got back to the office later at the end of the week, we realized we (I) had left a piece of equipment set up in plain view between two of the apartment buildings. We went back to Atlanta over a week later and it was STILL there!
    Moral of the story? Give people a chance, don't just lump them all together and deem them a POS, guilty by association.

I have met more "good" Mexicans than I have bad and the story you just told is why alot of people of African decendence can not stand them - they work, try to work, are honest and have "real" families.
    Just like the Africans can't stand the Asians out west - especially the Koreans - they have family values, busisnesses - in other words they work and make some other races look bad.
    I wonder how much green cash that group got for the groceries "we" paid for?
    Last edited by Nab; 10-05-2008 at 12:55 AM.
    I always thought a website was a selling tool, not a product repair manual!

I was in line behind a woman trying to buy dog food with food stamps. The cashier told her she couldnt, the woman became enraged and began with a string of profanities, racist this, muther F bomb that.

The woman came back clutching a basket load of steaks. She said if they wont pay for her dog to eat dog food, they gonna pay for him to eat steak.

On the mexicans...they actually have a family unit, thats cool, really. Not all of them are theives per se, but, my issue is that they are here, illegally, getting free health care, free social services, and dont purchase auto insurance. IMHO, all those little shits are thieves, if they stole something tangible or not. The 250 woman feeding her dog steaks...she is also a thief.
    Last edited by BigBrother; 10-05-2008 at 09:08 AM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

tater why did yall leave your back site. lol
    Bone....

There are 100,000 HOUSEHOLDS that get food stamps in SC... I was bitching about that statistic to one of my resident doctors the other day... and then he admitted to me that his family got food stamps (they make about 50K per year).

We can not keep this shit up...

Timber - I haven't been in Walmart since the illegals started showing up -
    bet that's a sight to see ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by HERRINGBONE View Post
    tater why did yall leave your back site. lol
    I think that was the night we went to the Braves/Dodgers game, LOL, a week later the damn thing was still plumb too

All I can say about government assistance is why the hell don't they drug test the recipiants. I get random drug testing at work and had to be tested to get my job. Why don't they do this?

Also, as a foster parent or an adoptive parent through the state you WILL receive state support via WIC, etc. and you can't refuse it. Well, you CAN refuse to use it, but it's paid for and in your child's name. We told them we didn't want it and to give it to someone else...doesn't work that way.