Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: This should have had a different ending

"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Haha, they were the second thing I noticed. I was like he looks kinda soft, but wait one second..

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    If you happen to have em, lemme get them boots.
    LOL.

Bwahahahaha

35 years ago, when I was much younger and dumber, I was seeing a woman who was separated from her husband. As far as she and I was concerned, she was single, but he didn't exactly see it that way.

He was a bad combination of big, dumb and mean. 6'2" and 240 pounds of grown up on a farm strong, signed his paycheck with an X because he couldn't read or write and had beat his wife's preacher to the point of needing hospitalization mean. I weighed 145 at the time and I ain't going to lie, I was scared of the big bastard.

She lived in an old shotgun house with one way in and out. One night he showed up unexpectedly and hemmed me up in the kitchen. He pulled out a buck knife and asked her if she wanted him to cut me to death or beat me to death. It's a pretty chilling moment when you have a woman get on her knees and beg somebody not to kill you. I didn't have a knife or gun and he was between me and the door and I honestly thought I was going to die that night. She finally convinced him to not kill me and we both left. I drove about a block and had to pull over I was shaking so bad.

A week or so later I was visiting my Mom who lived on a dead end street with only 5 houses on it. I heard a car come flying into the yard and the GF came busting in the door crying, he's following me, call the cops. I heard his truck coming down the road and watched as he blocked her car in the driveway with his truck and then just stood there in the middle of the street with his arms crossed across his chest, staring at the house.

I loaded up an A5 with 3" triple oughts and eased out onto the side porch. Because of the way the house was situated, I could see him under the street light but he had no clue I was there. I sat down with my back against the wall, propped that A5 on my knees like you would when waiting on a turkey and put the bead square in the middle of his chest 25 yards away. I remember being completely calm and telling myself, Don't shoot him as long as he stays in the public road but as soon as he steps on my Mom's property I need to kill him. I also remember thinking I have to kill him because if he survives he will come back and kill all of us one day.

He stood there in the road until the cops showed up and thank God he never stepped across that property line. Whenever something reminds me of that day I say a quick prayer of thanksgiving that I didn't shoot that man because it would have been a pure ambush and I don't know how it would have worked out in court. I might still be in prison and his two little girls would have grown up without a father.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Quote Originally Posted by flockbuster View Post
    35 years ago, when I was much younger and dumber, I was seeing a woman who was separated from her husband. As far as she and I was concerned, she was single, but he didn't exactly see it that way.

He was a bad combination of big, dumb and mean. 6'2" and 240 pounds of grown up on a farm strong, signed his paycheck with an X because he couldn't read or write and had beat his wife's preacher to the point of needing hospitalization mean. I weighed 145 at the time and I ain't going to lie, I was scared of the big bastard.

She lived in an old shotgun house with one way in and out. One night he showed up unexpectedly and hemmed me up in the kitchen. He pulled out a buck knife and asked her if she wanted him to cut me to death or beat me to death. It's a pretty chilling moment when you have a woman get on her knees and beg somebody not to kill you. I didn't have a knife or gun and he was between me and the door and I honestly thought I was going to die that night. She finally convinced him to not kill me and we both left. I drove about a block and had to pull over I was shaking so bad.

A week or so later I was visiting my Mom who lived on a dead end street with only 5 houses on it. I heard a car come flying into the yard and the GF came busting in the door crying, he's following me, call the cops. I heard his truck coming down the road and watched as he blocked her car in the driveway with his truck and then just stood there in the middle of the street with his arms crossed across his chest, staring at the house.

I loaded up an A5 with 3" triple oughts and eased out onto the side porch. Because of the way the house was situated, I could see him under the street light but he had no clue I was there. I sat down with my back against the wall, propped that A5 on my knees like you would when waiting on a turkey and put the bead square in the middle of his chest 25 yards away. I remember being completely calm and telling myself, Don't shoot him as long as he stays in the public road but as soon as he steps on my Mom's property I need to kill him. I also remember thinking I have to kill him because if he survives he will come back and kill all of us one day.

He stood there in the road until the cops showed up and thank God he never stepped across that property line. Whenever something reminds me of that day I say a quick prayer of thanksgiving that I didn't shoot that man because it would have been a pure ambush and I don't know how it would have worked out in court. I might still be in prison and his two little girls would have grown up without a father.
    SSS.

"They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Great movie. Good lesson right there too. Although I will shoot you if I have to.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Not applicable to "gentlemen", bubba. Or people with assets.

Just want to add the Craig and Smokey ended up getting shot at not long after that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by flockbuster View Post

The old southern, "he needed kill'in" defense would've prevailed back then, but not so much in this day and age