Thread: jap millet in standing water

Default jap millet in standing water

is planting this stuff possible at all in standing water, or would it be better to plant it along the edges of the pond and hope that water comes back up? thanks for any info ahead of time guys
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

feel safe planting it in areas shallow enough to get plenty of sun on the seeds... then up on the bank either where it will flood or where the ducks would walk to have a millet snack.

Try some rice. It grows great in everything from regular dirt to a foot or more of water.

G- do you know where I could get some? I can't seem to find it anywhere
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Bio-logic has it. I've got the name of a commercial producer somewhere. I'll try to dig it up for you.

thanks

The millet will no germinate in water. Once it gets up a couple inches tall if it gets water on it it will be ok as long as it doesn't get completly submerged. Try the rice in the water. Put the seed in some buckets and fill with water. Stir it once a day until it starts to sprout(3-4 days) then broadcast it in the water.
    80-20 Genaration

If I plant millet will the deer bother it?

The only bad thing I have HEARD on rice is that the black birds will come in and clean it up before you can flood it. Has anyone seen this happen?

Where is the best place to get the rice seed. I have been planting jap and just planted it this week. I would like to try something else to go along with the jap. I like the idea of planting it in a bucket does that work.
    Poverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another"