Thread: Stevens 410 Turkey

Default Stevens 410 Turkey

Picked up one for the kids in bottomland. All reports and info said its supposed to be pretty sweet little gun. Anyway, gun has a picatinny rail on top, so I am leaning towards a low profile red dot. Anybody have one they want to part with or advise on which direction to go?
    "run and gun guide service"

I bought the tru glo gobble stopper. I don’t have gun lingo down but it looks like a scope. Had a buddy point me on that direction because he claimed the square style red dot sight spooked turkeys because it’s shiny like a mirror on the backside. Idk? It’s a sweet gun though
    867-5309

Are all 3 of those patterns shot at the same distance?????

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    I bought the tru glo gobble stopper. I don’t have gun lingo down but it looks like a scope. Had a buddy point me on that direction because he claimed the square style red dot sight spooked turkeys because it’s shiny like a mirror on the backside. Idk? It’s a sweet gun though
    Your setup is sweet, but no the other sights don't spook em I assure you. You'll love that little .410

Anywhere close to the upstate have these in stock?
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2 View Post
    Anywhere close to the upstate have these in stock?
    Academy in Spartanburg has one or did 45min ago 169.99

I'm not saying this or using this as a jab, but are these sized for grown men? If so I would seriously consider one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    I'm not saying this or using this as a jab, but are these sized for grown men? If so I would seriously consider one too.
    Yes

024E4340-B424-484D-AD5C-987B9DD65DD1.jpgI have one of the gobble stopper sights in black that I would be willing to give to someone for their youngin. Hasn’t been on a gun in several years but works like new.
    Last edited by SCWOODROW; 02-28-2020 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post

One was my 6 year old, the other my 4 and I freehanded one at 40
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post

We put two boxes of #8 target loads through it also. I’m not techinocal as most of y’all either. Everyone of those shots is dead. Plus I’m not planning on shooting a turkey any further than 30 steps. I tried 40 just to see what it would do.
    867-5309

Which one did you shoot, Relentlous?

I read and article the other day saying a .410 loaded with TSS had the same knockdown power as a 12ga. shooting lead, at 40 yards.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 02-28-2020 at 03:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

I read and article the other day saying a .410 loaded with TSS had the same knockdown power as a 12ga. shooting lead, at 40 yards.
    Left. We are going to shoot it a bunch more before youth day. I’m not going to burn through a whole bunch more tss though. I post it up when we go. I’ll steady a shot at 40 for fun just for you. I’ve got 2 boxes of # 8 high brass bird shot we plan on burning. I plan on shooting turkeys with it too this year. The stock is a little long on my boy, but he can manage it. I got him a mad max pop up blind that’s got built in shooting sticks and a chair. We are going to practice shooting from that position. I’ll just put decoys at 25 steps and hope bird cooperate.
    867-5309

Also the guy at psa told me he sighted his in with slugs. I wasn’t to sure about shooting a slug out of the smooth bore barrel but supposedly the rifled slugs are made for that? Anywho I just stood at 10 steps with #8s and sighted it in like that.
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by SCWOODROW View Post
    024E4340-B424-484D-AD5C-987B9DD65DD1.jpgI have one of the gobble stopper sights in black that I would be willing to give to someone for their youngin. Hasn’t been on a gun in several years but works like new.
    I’ll take that guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    Also the guy at psa told me he sighted his in with slugs. I wasn’t to sure about shooting a slug out of the smooth bore barrel but supposedly the rifled slugs are made for that? Anywho I just stood at 10 steps with #8s and sighted it in like that.
    The way you did it, is the way to do it.

I understand buying these lesser gauges for youth, but that was going to be my question about the TSS. I wondered what is the point of going smaller only to turn around and start buying these expensive shells trying to get more range.