Rodney we raised those when I was a kid as well as bobwhites. We called those pharoh quail. They were hardier than the bobwhites, much higher percentage would survive to adulthood. My job as a kid was raising them. My dad was a bird hunter, trained his dogs with pen raised quail (never shot them though) and when he sold puppies he'd seed the buyer a dozen or so quail for their own training efforts. I was also the bird handler. I've rolled a plenty of those eggs daily either on top of a feed barrel in the barn waiting for a clutch or in the incubator. We'd set around 100 at a time. We also used brooders but in time I found putting a live hen was much more reliable. The hens would freak out at first but after a day or two would seemingly adopt the chicks. I've had upwards or 30-40 quail chicks in a pen with a hen and all up under her about to lift her off the floor. The hens would even puff up, fuss and charge when I'd feed and water. So the rotation went from a hen in the brooder till pin feathers showed on the chicks then another hen in a pen with a light bulb hanging. We augmented the bobwhites with wild chicks and a cock captured after they'd fallen into a freshly dug water line on a neighbors property. This was 40 years ago by the way and not something I'd do today. I even worked in turkey chicks and pheasant chicks with the adoptive hen quail. They all make the same chick calls. It was something to see a turkey chick's head poking out from under a hen quail it was almost as big as and with about 20-30 quail chicks stuffed under there, little legs showing everywhere. This thread brings back some memories that have been gone a long time. Thanks and sorry for the rambling.