Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dog it too smart or I'm too Dumb

This problem ties back to force fetching, walking electric fetch, and, in general, using a training collar properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    This problem ties back to force fetching, walking electric fetch, and, in general, using a training collar properly.
    Dog has never had a collar used on him, at least not yet. Not against them just haven't had the need for one but that could be changing.

I really never used mine too much, but when you do use it correctly it can make training much more successful. You just need to be sure you understand how to use it correctly or you can cause more problems than you started with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how did his first hunt go?

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    So how did his first hunt go?
    He did great in terms of discipline and acting right. Unfortunately the ducks didn't get the memo and never showed.

[QUOTE=Islandguy85;2423046]I really never used mine too much, but when you do use it correctly it can make training much more successful. You just need to be sure you understand how to use it correctly or you can cause more problems than you started with.

No doubt and while I'm not a collar guru I have trained a dog with one before. Last dog didn't need a collar and I thought I could do the same with this one. Might be the best dog I've ever had in terms of potential but he's also more headstrong than my last as well. Might be a male / female thing. I've had both and the females just seem to mature mentally a little faster than the boys. I'm looking at collars now. Any suggestions?

Everyone has different opinions, and it has been awhile since I have been in the market. I used a dogtra and it lasted me the hunting life of my dog, just needs a new battery at this point. I think garmin/tritronics has nice stuff and I am sure others will be along shortly to add.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dogtra. Now close the thread.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Dogtra

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk