Bible Study Verses
Psalm 22:6-8
But I am a worm and not a man, scorned by mankind and despised by the people. All who see me mock me; they make mouths at me; they wag their heads; "He trusts in the Lord; let him deliver him; let him rescue him, for he delights in him!" (ESV)

John 19:30
When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, "It is finished," and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit. (ESV)

Thoughts
First learned of this worm from an old favorite, Kionia House. Sitting in church and conferences I was amazed I had never had heard about the worm even though it was right there in Psalm 22. The unusual reference is found in the Psalm of the Cross. One might wonder why it is reflected until one discovers how the Creator of the universe deigned the Coccus Ilicis AKA the Crimson or Scarlet Worm.

The mother worm will attach herself to several species of oak found in the Mediterranean, which does include Israel, where she lays her larva, permanently attached herself while covering her brood with a hard crimson shell. Her babies live under her protected and feed off her living body as she oozes a permanent crimson stain. Three days, not 4 not 2 3 exact days after her death, her color changes as her body transformed into white wax floats to the ground like snow. "Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool, " Isaiah 1:18 (ESV).

Action Point
"Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so," Acts 17:11 (ESV). Paul is referring to the Bereans with all eagerness who examined the scriptures daily which we at Sportsmens encourage each of you to continue to do.

In the online Lexicon/Strong's H8438 from the Blue Letter Bible site I found this reference:

B. the worm "coccus ilicis"
"When the female of the scarlet worm species was ready to give birth to her young, she would attach her body to the trunk of a tree, fixing herself so firmly and permanently that she would never leave again. The eggs deposited beneath her body were thus protected until the larvae were hatched and able to enter their own life cycle. As the mother died, the crimson fluid stained her body and the surrounding wood. From the dead bodies of such female scarlet worms, the commercial scarlet dyes of antiquity were extracted. What a picture this gives of Christ, dying on the tree, shedding his precious blood that he might 'bring many sons unto glory' (Hbr 2:10)! He died for us, that we might live through him! Psa 22:6 describes such a worm and gives us this picture of Christ. (cf. Isa 1:18)" (Henry Morris. Biblical Basis for Modern Science, Baker Book House, 1985, p. 73)

You'll find the references to in God's design of the Tabernacle using scarlet threads even in the priestly robes. The worm was used as a healing agent from the collection of the dried hard red peas in Exodus when one came in contact with the dead. Currently is used in some heart medication. Amazing!

Just as the Crimson worm climbs on chosen wood to die to give offspring life, Jesus Christ, sinless, chose to die on a wooden cross to pay the penalty for all our sins, rose from the grave in three days, is ALIVE and offers the free gift of eternity with Him by your "yes" to His offer. His scarlet blood washes our sins as white as snow.His death finished the payment. The choice is yours and eternity is a long time.
(Jo Q)

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Most of you probably use the Blue Letter Bible, but if not check it out. Also love the Bible.Is app. There are times when nothing but listening to the audio Bible as I drive heals and soothes my heart. God bless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk