Thread: Ghost Fleet

Default Ghost Fleet

It's an interesting book and worth a read for you nerds out there.

Ghost Fleet: A Novel of the Next World War https://www.amazon.com/dp/054470505X..._-YZ7ybWKJD0P9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by led0321; 04-13-2017 at 04:55 AM.

I'll have to check it out... I'm bout to finish one called "Living Proof" written by USMC Lt. Clebe McClary. He's from Georgetown and came within an inch of his life in Nam. He came to Christ soon thereafter. Pretty good one. I don't read much, but I'm trying to get in the habit of doing it more often. I'm note sure if I'd know a good one if it slapped me in the head, but I though it was good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    I'll have to check it out... I'm bout to finish one called "Living Proof" written by USMC Lt. Clebe McClary. He's from Georgetown and came within an inch of his life in Nam. He came to Christ soon thereafter. Pretty good one. I don't read much, but I'm trying to get in the habit of doing it more often. I'm note sure if I'd know a good one if it slapped me in the head, but I though it was good.

Clebe McClary spoke at my high school years ago. He is an amazing man.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

I may pick that up. The technology is dated and the antagonists are old Cold War, but Clancy's "Red Storm Rising" was excellent and should have been made into a movie. For fiction, that and these two are great:

https://www.amazon.com/The-Third-Wor...f=cm_lmf_img_3

https://www.amazon.com/Team-Yankee-H...f=cm_lmf_img_2
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post

isn't he missing an arm and maybe an eye?
    If so, I heard him speak years ago with my dad at a church here in town.
    Really good speaker.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    isn't he missing an arm and maybe an eye?
    If so, I heard him speak years ago with my dad at a church here in town.
    Really good speaker.
    That's him. Lucky he kept both legs. They had to cut more of his arm of later due to infection. Tried a glass eye but it just didn't work and he preferred the patch anyway.

Read the book, he tells all about it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft