Thread: M1 Garands coming back - CMP

Default M1 Garands coming back - CMP

Rumor has it that Trump has lifted the ban Obama imposed on bringing them back from allied nations overseas.

Hear that a shipment from the Philippines is coming back to the US Army and may be destined for the CMP.

I have a couple that I acquired a number of years ago that were a product of the Division of Civilian Marksmanship. Restored one to 99% and have one that I want to eventually trick out and do an M14 mag conversion on it with a Holbrook device

Be nice to get ahold of another one or two.
    Last edited by FishSticker; 04-12-2017 at 07:08 PM.

Sign me up for 4
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

When they come back the CMP will get them. It's a year + before they will be for sale. The 86,000 "rifles" were written about by The Garand Collectors Assoc a while ago. I say "rifles" due to the reported condition.

Why do a mag fed conversion and a Holbrook device? The Holbrook is for unmodified rifles.

Get Shuff to do it! http://shuffsparkerizing.com/shuffs-bm14-garand/
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

I'll be getting one. I have a lot of clips already.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Always wanted one, and a 30 carbine.

I bought a few back in the day. Would be nice to see some more, but I won't hold my breath on seeing them or on them. being in good condition.

I never hear anyone say a good word about the 30 carbine cartridge, but the carbines I've shot are all accurate as hell.

Papa Bill has killed more than a few whitetails with an M1 in a bean field in Harlowe, NC.

That old fool had a knack for walking up on a deer in a small field like he was a ghost.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post
    I bought a few back in the day. Would be nice to see some more, but I won't hold my breath on seeing them or on them. being in good condition.

I never hear anyone say a good word about the 30 carbine cartridge, but the carbines I've shot are all accurate as hell.
    the only bad thing about the 30 carbine is it is a short range weapon- mine is very accurate, has cleanly killed deer out to 100 yards and is fast as hell for shooting a combat rifle course, has much better ergonomics(for me) than an AR, is more concealable than an AR and doesn't look like an evil black rifle to the general public. If the SHTF, I would grab mine without hesitation.

Watched Hacksaw Ridge last night. Apparently the carbine was wildly popular in the Pacific.

I have an Inland that looks like it has seen its fair share of combat and an IBM that looks like it just came off the assembly line. Think the IBM came back from loan in Bavaria a few years ago.