Thread: CWP Renewal

Default CWP Renewal

I moved from Sumter to Summerville a couple of years ago. I didn't get my address changed on my CWP. It is up for renewal later this year. Can I get my address changed at the same time I renew or do I have to send in and get my address changed and then get it renewed?

You have to mail in the renewal form.

You need to get your DL changed, as I believe they pull from the DL database. If they don't match, then there will probably be a problem. As long as you change your DL address, then you can renew online as normal; I believe this is the way I did it after I moved.
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 04-06-2017 at 07:54 PM.

Default CWP Renewal

Obviously, get DL changed, but you'll have to mail CWP renewal in. At last that's what the paperwork says.
    Last edited by cleancutredneck; 04-06-2017 at 08:12 PM.

I just did this. I moved last summer and my cwp was up for renewal in Feb. You cannot renew online if the addresses on the cwp ave the license don't match. Print the application from the sled website, fill it out, include a MONEY ORDER or cashiers check for $50. Pissed me off when they sent my check back. It was my idiocy for not reading the damn directions.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I moved. Changed my DL and didn't change my CWP. Come renewal time I renewed on line and the new one showed up with my new address on it.

You'll be fine.

I thought a failure to notify SLED of an address change within 30 days (or less?) would result in a suspension of your CWP?

They must not pick up the date change on the DL if they're allowing renewals after longer delays.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

they'll work with you too...i paid the $50 online before realizing i was supposed to mail.....i called to ask what i needed to do since i'd already paid, but had an address change....she asked if i could email her a picture of my new DL, and that was sufficient enough

Quote Originally Posted by cleancutredneck View Post
    they'll work with you too...i paid the $50 online before realizing i was supposed to mail.....i called to ask what i needed to do since i'd already paid, but had an address change....she asked if i could email her a picture of my new DL, and that was sufficient enough
    That's encouraging to hear.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

One more reason I'm reluctant to get my CWP. Renewal? Load of BS and nothing but a money grab.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I moved. Changed my DL and didn't change my CWP. Come renewal time I renewed on line and the new one showed up with my new address on it.

You'll be fine.
    X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes me wish I woulda just renewed online.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft