Thread: Hotels near USC?

Default Hotels near USC?

My wife and I will be taking our granddaughter to watch the USC/Florida softball games on Sat 3/18 and Sun 3/19.
    I was wondering if anyone can give me some info about hotels in the area. Don't want to break the bank but want something decent.
    maybe something like a Hampton Inn or Sleep inn. Anyone every stay at either?

The football players seemed to prefer The Whitney if I remember correctly.

Everything downtown is going to have the downtown sting in the price. But if you want decent and downtown Courtyard on Assembly or the downtown Marriott if you want to spend a little more both have their own parking garages.

The stadium is really nice btw.
    R.I.P SFC Spencer Kohlheim.
    Suicide is never a good thing but I understand.
    Thank you for your service to our nation.

There's a Hampton Inn downtown in the Vista.
    :FYT:

What is your budget CanAmMan? Would you like to walk to night life or anything?

Hyatt place, aloft, Sheraton, Marriott, Hampton inn are all down in the middle of everything and you can walk to whatever you want. You are going to pay a premium for St. Pats weekend.

Yep traffic is going to be ridiculous as well.

Spurrier Inn. 567 49th St.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Hampton Inn on Gervais St. in the Vista.

Conversation over unless you want to pay more $
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Some of you really should get a life. The guy asks an honest question in order to do something nice for his granddaughter and yall dick up his thread with Clemson / Carolina bullshit. Really??

Budget probably around 100. Don't care about night life as we will have our 12year old granddaughter with us. She is wanting to see the Florida Gators play and USC is the closest place they play. She plays 12u travel and is really good and wants to one day play for the Gators!

You are not going to find a $100 hotel anywhere in Columbia worth staying at. Especially downtown.

On the west side of town you might find something around St. Andrews Rd. in your budget. Shouldn't be too bad of a drive to the ball field.

There is a Hampton Inn off East Exchange Blvd. that is new(ish) off Garners Ferry. Might be more in your budget and not all that far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Try the Hampton off Clemson Rd.

Marlboro Inn

Quality Inn 2516 Augusta Rd, West Columbia, SC 29169, $55 per night. It's across the river, but probably a ten minute ride to the stadium. Good on you for taking her to the games, she's lucky to have y'all!

Edited to Add: This is also worth a shot: Holiday Inn 110 McSwain Dr, West Columbia, SC 29169. It's regularly $110 a night, but you can ask for the hospital rate when you call to make reservations. I used to travel all over to hospitals for a few days at a time, and I used to stay at the closest hotel to the hospital I had meetings at, and I would book the hospital rate. This is where your conscience comes into play. I was given permission by the administration to go ahead and book it, so if your not comfortable asking for it if you don't have business at the hospital, I get it. But the hotel doesn't ask if you are going to the hospital, they only know that you want the hospital rate. Make sure your granddaughter has a good time and stays in the best place possible.
    Last edited by Moonlight Hunter; 03-03-2017 at 10:07 PM.