Thread: Tom Griffith - another great man has left us..

Default Tom Griffith - another great man has left us..

My friend Tom Griffith, aged 90 from Cashmere, WA has left us. WWII vet, Pear farmer, Winchester shotgun enthusiast.. husband, father, grandfather. My friend and mentor.

One hell of a fine fellow. Please view the photo taken in 2010 on the mighty Columbia River of one of the last duck hunts Tom had. Think about your relationship with your own friends, family and know that we aren't promised tomorrow. Find the good in every day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Hate to hear it, Andy. Prayers for his family.

I've hunted the Moses Lake are and we drove along the Columbia to get there - and I heard some great stories about how good that hunting is. Would love to get back out there one day.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Tom led a full, fine life. May we all be as lucky as him. He recounted some tales of WW2 to us a few times. He was an Artillery man in the European theatre.. Said he never expected to make it home. As they approached Germany, he said that seeing the results of their shells, he had a part of him die. Some of the dead German soldiers were only young boys.. Ate frozen pears off the trees in France and said they were sweeter than any he ever grew. Ironic.

God Speed Tom.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.