Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: The Rise and Fall of SC's inland gadwalls

Gadwalls are ubiquitous.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I've seen them with shovelers under my blind and junk

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    Maybe you killed some but didn't know they were gadwalls?! I've seen it twice were someone shot a beautiful drake gadwall and called it a wigeon or a hen mallard sooo...

Haha I can assure you that hasn't been the case. I'm a species id nerd.
    Last edited by Arrowman; 02-11-2016 at 08:56 AM.

I don't know " Bog" or anything about him but I agree with his assessment of the decline of gadwall on santee. It may not help to contact legislators, DNR or Santee Cooper officials with concerns but it certainly won't hurt anything. I am not a biologist either but I've lived near the lake for 48 years and fished and hunted there since childhood.

So you went from hunting hard for 15 years and not killing one to you don't target them in a couple of messages. Wow...
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by bodeen View Post
    I don't know " Bog" or anything about him but I agree with his assessment of the decline of gadwall on santee. It may not help to contact legislators, DNR or Santee Cooper officials with concerns but it certainly won't hurt anything. I am not a biologist either but I've lived near the lake for 48 years and fished and hunted there since childhood.
    If you're from Cross and hunt ducks we probably know each other.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    So you went from hunting hard for 15 years and not killing one to you don't target them in a couple of messages. Wow...

Listen dipshit, where did I say I hunted Gadwall hard for 15 years?! Go fuck yourself prick.

Get fucked

You replied to a thread on gadwall and talked about not killing them for 15 years sooooo..... yea I'm the idiot
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    Maybe you killed some but didn't know they were gadwalls?! I've seen it twice were someone shot a beautiful drake gadwall and called it a wigeon or a hen mallard sooo...
    yeah i think its fairly common for most duck hunters to get drake gadwall and hen mallards confused....arrowman....ima getcha a duck id book for your bday to help you buddy

So now number of gadwall killed = greater IQ now. Nice...

I heard dat

Failed to see the sarcasm in that one.
    Last edited by mud ugh; 02-11-2016 at 11:50 AM.

Maybe if you killed more gadwall you could look at things through more intellectual eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowman View Post
    Let me say this.... I have only hunted below 95 on Marion twice. BUT I've hunted above 95 as hard as anybody with a Monday - Friday job can possibly hunt it. I guess I'm just don't get IT yet. I'm trying hard though!
    Gadwall don't fly on the weekends. That explains it. It's not your hunting tactics.

Just messing with you. I will say that I could see one not killing them if they only hunted certain places. Yes we've killed them all over the lake but I could list a number of places that I've never seen them. The goal here is not to bash anyone but to help everyone kill them in the future. So let's not get off topic and turn this into a arrowman scolding, bc I'd love for them to become part of your daily bag.
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

Not everyone is a duck whisperer like you and bog...

Quote Originally Posted by thebighun View Post
    Not everyone is a duck whisperer like you and bog...
    sarcasm?
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

Well dunno about bog but he seems to be a duck commander and I know you put in your work to kill em

Quote Originally Posted by mudeagle View Post
    sarcasm?
    Bazingha...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by thebighun View Post
    Well dunno about bog but he seems to be a duck commander and I know you put in your work to kill em
    I'm not a duck commander by a long shot.

Most of the time I wind up picking up mud's ducks.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.