Thread: Question about the Grouper Reports

SC DNR's website reports that Grouper are being caught in 7 feet of water off the coast of Charleston. Any truth to this or is this a typo?
    We are planning to head out no further than 10 miles next week and I was wondering what was biting. Thanks in advance for any info.

It is a typo. It should have said "70 feet".
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Hey flooded timber, you trade in the mallard machine for a rod n reel?

Good luck my friend with the grouper
    More fuel = more boost!!

10 miles will put you on the seabass. They are better than grouper in my opinion.

You are right on that Fish... that snow white meat is hard to beat. They are a bitch to clean though. Very tough hide.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Hey KRT how is the Mallard Machine working for you. I went to Upstate New York earlier this year and had some great duck hunts. BIG Mallards and Black Ducks! New Boat so I'm ready to fish!

I have caught small grouper inshore before. They may be bitting in 7 feet of water but they are the babies. You need to push on out to 40+ feet for some good action.
    George Carlin said it best, \'Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are stupider than that\'\'.

Sushi, try this next time you're cleaning a mess of bass. With a sharp fillet knife start at the gills and go down to the backbone. Turn the blade towards the tail and cut to within about a half inch of the tail. Lay the slab over the tail and flat on the table without cutting through the skin. Start the blade flatly in the flesh at the tail and slice the fillet off the skin back in the direction of the head. To finish, slice off the ribcage in the abdominal area for a perfect frier fillet. Drive down to the IGA in Conway and get a jar of Uncle Dubbs Tartar sauce and let the slappin begin.

This works for most fish but really well on fish with tough skin.

exactly.
    wherever we go we bring monkey with us

Me, flooded timber, and others, caught 1 nice grouper 15lbs., 1 nice red snapper 8lbs, limit of silver snapper, some vermillion, and 125 black sea bass most in the 5-6lb range. We cleaned fish for 2 hours!!!!!

We were in 90-100 ft of water, on Rock Piles.

The ocean was absolute glass. Never seen it so smooth! We saw the Feds tring to cut the fishing nets off the whale. Pretty neat to see that then read about it in the paper the next day.

Great Day on the Water!