Thread: Offshore report

DKnight Coots

First trip of the year:
    1 Yellowfin 25lbs
    1 Little Tuna
    Assortment of bottom fish
    Fished up north around the Black Jack Hole and Steeples.Not much but got to find out that I've got water in the fuel,stereo needs to be tightened,and other little things that you don't know till that first trip.Water never over 68 degrees.It's going to happen anytime now

Which inlet did you run out of?

Saturday we ran South out of Charleston to try some good looking water. Fog was thick and the trolling was slow. We trolled for 2 hrs and then switched to bottom fishing. Ended up with 10 beeliners, 5bsb's(large), some rudderfish, a trigger fish and a rough ride home. The seas jumped up to 4' @ 4sec intervalls, needless to say it was a tough ride home in a 23'.
    George Carlin said it best, \'Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are stupider than that\'\'.

Nice day
    More fuel = more boost!!

DKnight Coots

I ran out of Lockwood Folly.Seas kicked up on us to.I fought a 4 to 5 ft following sea for two hours on the way in.Got a little nervous when the engine started losing RPMs due to the water/fuel problem.Going down Wed to change some filters and probably pump the tanks.Hopefully I'll be ready if we have a good forcast for Sun.

That's the inlet I run out of up here DK. Are you coming up from the Holden Beach side or the Oak Island side?

DKnight Coots

Holden Beach.My dads got a house on the first set of canals coming from Oak Island.I heard the bite was on north of the Same Ol Hole friday.