Thread: Duck Tacos

Default Duck Tacos

I cooked the duck breasts overnight in a crockpot with water, salt, black pepper and onion powder until the meat just falls apart. I shredded the meat and heated it in a pan with a little bit of water while seasoning it with chili powder, black pepper and ground cumin until it tasted like taco meat. (cumin gives it the taco flavor)

I dress with cilantro, sliced avocado, finely shredded cabbage (instead of lettuce), taco sauce, sour cream and cheddar cheese on a sundried tomato wrap.

This makes a light, fresh serving of duck that most people (even those that normally don't like duck) will like.

Sorry about the photo but my daughter had already been through the "serving line" before I got the camera ready.

Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

man that looks good
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

That looks good

Right on!

Looks great
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be trying this... Thx RH! And gotta have the avocado!

Pro tip: if you put a tlittle oil in the pan instead of water and crisp it up a little bit it gives it a better flavor. Other than that this is a great way to cook a few birds!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

what you got against lettuce? I know its worthless but I use iceberg here. I bet the cabbage crunches good, too though.

I make the same thing from time to time, rh, but use a (gasp) ketchup based BBQ sauce and call it Duck BBQ. My kids like it. Just change your spices up a little and "dress" the cabbage into a slaw and you have another spin on that....

I often do this with ducks besides a wood duck or teal...maybe a duck someone might not normally consider the most palatable of ducks. Slather with sweet baby rays and no one ever knows the difference.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

2thDoc and Surfcock,
    Thanks for the ideas but you have to understand that my daughter, former college distance athlete, still runs and works out daily and is passionate about clean, fresh, light food (basically the opposite of guy food). This was designed to appeal her appetite and I only shared it on scducks because it was pretty and because, after meeting some of the SCDUCKS over the years, I thought some of you could use to ideas for clean fresh light food.

My daughter quit her engineering job in August to take on a 3-month internship living out of a tent and doing trail maintenance in Utah. She came back in late November jobless but knowing how to use a chainsaw and create a firebreak. She doesn't start her next engineering job until Feb 2nd so she's living at the house and I am getting one more chance to spoil the little princess.
    Last edited by Rubberhead*; 01-13-2016 at 08:39 AM. Reason: grammar
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    2thDoc and Surfcock,
    Thanks for the ideas but you have to understand that my daughter, former college distance athlete, still runs and works out daily and is passionate about clean, fresh, light food (basically the opposite of guy food). This was designed to appeal her appetite and I only shared it on scducks because it was pretty and because, after meeting some of the SCDUCKS over the years, I thought some of you could use to ideas for clean fresh light food.

My daughter quit her engineering job in August to take on a 3-month internship living out of a tent and doing trail maintenance in Utah. She came back in late November jobless but knowing how to use a chainsaw and create a firebreak. She doesn't start her next engineering job until Feb 2nd so she's living at the house and I am getting one more chance to spoil the little princess.
    You the man! Eating cleaner could do all of us some good! I'm sure shes enjoying the time spent with pops.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    2thDoc and Surfcock,

No worries. It still looked good.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Made some duck tacos tonight, good easy recipe- thanks Rubberhead!

I like your everyday...
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.