Thread: Florida gulf coast?

Default Florida gulf coast?

Ok, the wife wants wants to go on a vacation to the gulf coast of Florida to fish for a week. She's wanting to go to Sanibel, any other places to consider? Also what time of year would you suggest?
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

May for fishing, I've been to sanibel a few times. Bring a yak and or fish the surf for snook, trout, or reds.never have to leave the island and eat at the Island cow every night.
    Last edited by dhall1693; 12-21-2015 at 09:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Planning on taking the 20' alumacraft is it worth it?
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

That should be plenty of boat for there. I made the trip in a 15' Duracraft many times to fish. It gets a little bumpy in the afternoon when the sea breeze kicks in, but nothing too bad.

An Island 20 would be ideal!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    An Island 20 would be ideal!
    Yeah I know! Got a guy wanting to buy my alumacraft bad right now, but trying to save money! Breaking ground on a new house in April

If you stay in Sanibel, the trout in the bay behind the island is great that time of year..Also, take the 30 minute by boat ride to Redfish Pass...Drifting through you can catch Snook or Tarpon.We got into both in early June last year.Also, if you have big enough tackle fish the inside of the 2nd and 3rd span of the bridge(Sanibel side) for Goliath Grouper..We saw a Boston Whaler with 3 teenagers catch a huge one last year and we went back with a couple of live catfish for bait and hooked up with a monster but were broke off twice...

Go to a bit farther north to Captiva (north end of Sanibel island).